Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

On Flo this year, can we not watch corps already performed earlier in a show?

On multi-cam yes, on high cam no. At least for me.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I actually think in the natural progression of improvement that this makes sense.  Early in the season when everything is rough it's easier to make quick changes and get bigger bumps.  Later in the season when you are working on the more little nuanced issues that may not be as noticeable you would expect score jumps to slow down a little.  There comes a point with most shows that you have done everything you can and you have maxed your performance ability so scores in August shouldn't jump as much as they have in the past.  Just my opinion though.

I used to graph them years ago and it stayed pretty linear, with maybe a little curve down near the end.

This year they have to either curve down or drop/hold flat at some specific point(s).

Sunset today in BA is 8:39p CDT.  Why not give the field a good soaking a little earlier to cool down all that  mass of hot rubber.  The heat would evaporate all the moisture (so the turf would be dry) which would cool the field considerably before the first performance.  

• Like 2

1. BD

2. Bluecoats

3. Boston

4. Crown

5. Phantom

6. Cadets

7. Blue Stars

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

On multi-cam yes, on high cam no. At least for me.

Are you able to do it on the mobile app or only on a laptop? I watch on the app and stream it to my TV and it never lets me pause, go back, etc. it’s only a live option with no controls 

50 minutes ago, karuna said:

Sunset today in BA is 8:39p CDT.  Why not give the field a good soaking a little earlier to cool down all that  mass of hot rubber.  The heat would evaporate all the moisture (so the turf would be dry) which would cool the field considerably before the first performance.  

I've often thought about this for our turf field as well as our practice parking lot.  I've been told by our fire department (i.e. band Dads) that it would just create an extremely high humidity situation.  Would take a while to burn off... 😂 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

This will be my first show watching on Flo this season, I have seen about 10 shows live, but now I can relax in my ac drink the beverage of my choice and make rash judgements about corps based on what Flo decides to show me.  I am hoping PR really puts in a good showing tonight

3 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

This will be my first show watching on Flo this season, I have seen about 10 shows live, but now I can relax in my ac drink the beverage of my choice and make rash judgements about corps based on what Flo decides to show me.  I am hoping PR really puts in a good showing tonight

Absinthe? 

4 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I've often thought about this for our turf field as well as our practice parking lot.  I've been told by our fire department (i.e. band Dads) that it would just create an extremely high humidity situation.  Would take a while to burn off... 😂 

If you do it at high noon, sure.  The sun would continue to pour heat into the turf.  

But if you did it when the sun is setting,  there's no more heating!  So high humidity while it boils off but that should clear.

• Like 1

Big big night for drum corps. Really excited to see where the top 4 shake out. The other true test will be which captions other corps can find weakness in BD. I think there are one maybe two captions where a weakness would exist, but good luck.