Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

Really love and appreciate the slow build  into the big climactic brass moment, it takes its time which is refreshing!

• Like 2

still think the brass book would be more impactful if they gave some relief from all of the minor seconds.  and maybe take some of the eight note stuff the trumpets are doing in isolation and make them quarter notes or triplets because the articulation is really muddled.  love their ensemble sound.  

i think they're onto something with the new ending and making that major chord really pop.  .

still a big believer in that show musically.  

• Like 1

Just now, treved said:

They’re the older (horrid) opener silks. The old closer flags are now the opener silks. 

Ah. ok.  I would agree the introduction of that much color seems...jarringly out of place given the rest of the show 

• Like 1

WOW, Troopers! Crowd just erupted at the end of that show. I don't think anyone uses the entire field better than Troopers do this year. And that drill leading up to the final company front was awesome. Crowd was ready for that hit and craving it. 

This is almost the perfect vehicle for the Troopers. Great music, staging, and I love their guard and all the improvements. They need to clean the feet and the intervals. In that sense they are still quite dirty. But it is undeniable the enthusiasm and joy this show is bringing to the crowd this year. 

• Like 4

Ok Cavies!  Let's have some fun!

• Like 1