Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

3 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Loved Both Sides Now

It's a really really good arrangement.  Brings out the delicate emotion of the song so well.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

last year at corps encore the crowd reaction to BD was pretty underwhelming. i think it is really unfair. i have heard that some people will intentionally not cheer for BD, simply because they dont like them. very rude.

People booed in the past when their score was announced in first

14 minutes ago, TOC said:

Guess you didn't hear the response from the crowd.  

Guess not

Just now, WarriorWay said:

That can’t be the real ending… seems to abrupt 

That was my thought, too, and they've had endings like that in previous seasons at this point, so I expect something in place by Atlanta, maybe Allentown depending on their schedule.

• Like 1

Just now, crownisking said:

Agreed. But fans are way more polite today than they used to be. Cadets were openly bood in 2006-2008. It was ugly.

yeesh, if i was sitting next to someone who booed at any corps they likely wouldn't leave that show with as many teeth as they walked in with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

I feel like BD shows are scored like a movie on Rotten Tomatoes. A lot of times a very entertaining show gets a high audience score, but critics will point out a lot of stuff that flies over the heads of the audience and score it lower. I very rarely find BD shows appealing from a purely entertainment perspective, but you can’t argue with the precision, sound and balls to the walls attitude. They do what they do very well. 
Are-you-not-entertained-Are-you-not-ente

Being entertained is so subjective, because i am purely entertained by BD 100%

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, crownisking said:

Agreed. But fans are way more polite today than they used to be. Cadets were openly bood in 2006-2008. It was ugly.

100% It used to get pretty ugly at times when I first started coming around here. Mods got things cleaned up quickly though. A little fun banter is great, but the constant dogging on certain shows (with the same criticisms over and over) can get a little old sometimes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

I recall seeing Star in '93, during one of the quiet parts someone yelled out "Play Something!"

• Like 1
  • Sad 2