Wow, no one wants to discuss VANGUARD?

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

That’s wonderful news. I read their update. Hopefully the financials were CPA audited reviews and proves solvency. No doubt SCV has ample revenue streams to support the main corps at least. DCI is better with a healthy SCV. 

SCV was unhealthy for decades and no one knew the difference though.  soooooo yeah. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

SCV was unhealthy for decades and no one knew the difference though.  soooooo yeah. 

Plenty of people knew it. Anyone who has worked for the org in the last few decades knew it. It just finally caught up with them enough to push it into the public eye.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

That’s wonderful news. I read their update. Hopefully the financials were CPA audited reviews and proves solvency. No doubt SCV has ample revenue streams to support the main corps at least. DCI is better with a healthy SCV. 

Please define “healthy”.

• Thanks 1

If SCV did come back some day, would they be on first every show?  Or maybe the rotation of the first three?

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Hopefully the financials were CPA audited reviews and proves solvency.  

They aren't yet.

Our accountants are also working closely with the Operations Team to complete our audits and meet our extended deadlines.

Means they couldn't meet the original deadlines and asked for extensions.  

😞

Mike

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I like "Vanguard" in general, and sometimes I like them the best.

11 minutes ago, MikeN said:

They aren't yet.

Means they couldn't meet the original deadlines and asked for extensions.  

😞

Mike

That last part demonstrates incompetence or indifference toward compliance, which is concerning.

How does such an old organization get so sloppy?

This isn't some Band Booster Club at a school...it's a large established organization with admin staff.

To me, this is more about ethics and competence than how much cash is in the bank.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 90svet said:

That last part demonstrates incompetence or indifference toward compliance, which is concerning.

How does such an old organization get so sloppy?

This isn't some Band Booster Club at a school...it's a large established organization with admin staff.

To me, this is more about ethics and competence than how much cash is in the bank.

Don't knock the high school band booster organizations. Some of them are ran better than corps organizations at this point.

• Like 4