2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Good run...

Problem is Phantom and Mandarins had GREAT runs...

I honestly rank it Mandarins, Phantom and then Cadets

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Cadets:

Cadets Cadets Cadets Cadets

Cadets laid down their best performance of the year. Outstanding. 5-6 gonna be tight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@DAYGO Regardless of placement, both of our boys brought it this summer. 

I am so proud right now. Congrats to your boy on an amazing summer!

Cadets killed it!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good show. 

im completely biased but I feel Mandarins should be above Cadets tonight.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

YOWZA CADETS! That was AMAZING!

• Like 5

The Cadets
MTS: movement technique/safety, C.: Costuming, PQ: performance quality

MTS: I also love this opening shape from the corps, so refreshing. GREAT cascading catches/spins to ground from ensemble rifles. Oh no, your legs spinning the flag… no reason not to point those feet! Then, right after, very clear passe and passe saute from flags, TY! Solo rifle toss with freebody seemed lacking confidence in shape… right into another dance soloist with barrel leap, beautiful. WOW dancers! Excellent one handed inversion across the board! TY! Beautiful freebody under that flag feature. Even my partner said that was pretty! Okay, excellent ensemble catch weapons! Beautiful arabesque shaping guard. Watch those turned in standing legs! NOT SAFE! F YES ENSEMBLE WEAPON TOSS ON THE HORNLINE SWELL. That was perfect! CONGRATS TO THE WHOLE ENSEBMLE!

C.: These costumes are… fine. I appreciate a casual look anywhere in drum corps, period. I’m even okay that I’m not sure how they match the theme in any direct way because of this. I want corps to be comfortable first and these do that. Okay caught the costume change to hoodies around the waste. I see you.

PQ: Love seeing members chest bump each other and cartwheel before the show starts. How refreshing for this once-so-rigid corps. LOVE IT! Great clarity from first solo performer with pole too, clear, beautiful.  Performance quality fluctuates between depicting the ardor of carrying a burden and freedom from said burden. Very clear!

Cadets are never my flavor but I can’t be mad at this show. Plenty to be proud of here and #### if those ensemble weapon features didn’t grab me. CONGA RATS CADETS!

• Like 2