Carolina Crown 2024

On 3/14/2024 at 1:46 PM, ZTWright said:

I only care if they can finish the season.

It's the new normal in DCI. More corps are going to start taking a year off. I said it was just the beginning wtih Vanguard and Cadets have proven me right. The corps are dumb - they shouldn't be running DCI and setting policy, and the greedy and selfish top corps only care about themselves and not the health of the activity as whole. They are doing the whole activity in with their win at all costs mentality. I can still love them, but none of them are going to be around in 20 years.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bruckner8 said:

Can someone hook me up with Crown’s spring training dates and location? Internet searches have been unreliable. Is Ensemble Rehearsal open, even for old curmudgeons? Message me if Q clearance is required 

Mid May to Mid June at Gardner Webb University.  Rehearsals are typically open but no audio or visual recording

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

but none of them are going to be around in 20 years.

Guess I will be rooting for George Jetson and Orbit City Drum Corps to win it all in 2044.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Guess I will be rooting for George Jetson and Orbit City Drum Corps to win it all in 2044.

I'd still take BD over that field. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I remember when I used to figure out how old I’d be in the year 2000 when I was a teenager. I’m not even going to think about 2044. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Vuitton said:

It's the new normal in DCI. More corps are going to start taking a year off. I said it was just the beginning wtih Vanguard and Cadets have proven me right. The corps are dumb - they shouldn't be running DCI and setting policy, and the greedy and selfish top corps only care about themselves and not the health of the activity as whole. They are doing the whole activity in with their win at all costs mentality. I can still love them, but none of them are going to be around in 20 years.

I respectfully disagree.   There are elements to the histories of both SCV and Cadets that are not necessarily representative of most other corps out there.  I do not believe that this is the new normal, whether we are talking allegedly criminal bingo mismanagement or a 40 year history of widespread sexual assault and rape. 

• Like 2