The Staff Merry-go-round

34 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

How is his replacement selected?

The Executive Director is hired by the board. They’ve been working on this for at least a year.

8 minutes ago, DCIFan91 said:

I agree with you on the Blue Stars front. Their current design philosophy is fine if your sole goal is to make finals. But if they want to take the next step and break out of the bottom half of finals, they need to do something different than what they have been doing. 

I’ve always been a Blue Stars fan. They have a reputation of being one of the best organizations in the activity from a culture standpoint. Really cheering for them to have the competitive success that matches that. 

#2 in DCI in member happiness only behind BD. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jpaul said:

The Executive Director is hired by the board. They’ve been working on this for at least a year.

Right. This is how all hiring hierarchies in nonprofits work.

We're asking about the process. SoA's hiring process was transparent and handled by a 3rd party. Set the standard and look at their comeback. DCI and other corps could learn a lot from that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Same way Dan got it. They asked/interviewed successful directors that put member safety at the top and have strong business models to run a large business. 

But who is "they"? Corps Directors? DCI Board?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantombari1 said:

I'm sure this will not be popular but I would like to see the Rennick's back at Phantom regardless of the current staff.  No offense to the current staff, I just like the Rennick's results and writing better.

To be fair, the current staff is made up of Phantom alums and Rennick protégés. They’ve also only been there for this past season. Give them a few years with some vet retention and I think they’ll start producing some pretty cool and unique results for the corps.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think I may have read it in one of the Facebook groups I’m in, but it seems that the successor has already been chosen and DCI should, apparently, be in good hands. That’s just vague rumors though 

I heard in Indianapolis that a successor was selected but he/she turned down the offer. Not sure if there is a fallback candidate or if the search continues. I assume DA steers the ship until someone is hired.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

But I think that was also design choice - the mold is set to be dark and edgy(not sure what word I want) and then brightens up the more the absinthe hits. All of the green parts were bangers. 

Emo. The show was very emo in some ways.