my favorite Cadets shows

My sentimental favorite is 1980. I loved that show and it was fun. I also saw it early on and would never have predicted Garfield would have made finals that year. 

Runner up sentimental favorite 2021 “Shall Always Be.”

1984 “West Side Story” is one of my favorite shows of all time.

2013 “Side by Side” was well done.

2022 “12.25” gave us a bit of Christmas in July.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I cried watching 1982 Garfield again but I can’t decide if it was because I love it so much or that I’m reminded that I’m old. 😂 

Or, that you may not get to watch The Cadets in the future.

• Sad 1

My high school marched the Cadets 2000 show….it was such a blast. That second part of the opener called “Chaos” was wild and challenging.  So it’s a special show that I’m super bonded too. 

Edited by NewArpege

19 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I hate to see them go, but I'm glad they were here. A few favorites...

1993, In the Spring - My first year to watch DCI on PBS, and still my favorite Cadets brass arrangements.

2000, We are the Future - They slowed it down and still won.

1997, Celebration - The best of their brass band era.

1995, An American Quintet - Early props.

1992, To Tame the Perilous Skies - Cadets and Holsinger.

Very 1990s heavy. I really liked 2022 and 2023, and I thought they were on a great path, but nothing in the last couple decades holds up to the 90s in my mind.

1993 is when I also first discovered DCI on PBS. Add 2011 and your list pretty much matches mine. 

• Like 2

I LOVED the first 2/3 of the 1986 show. On The Waterfront was driving and intense. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with the closer though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TenHut said:

2022 “12.25” Christmas show is in my top 10 fave DC shows of all time.

Agree. So many naysayers about that show. Too cool to say they like Christmas music is how it seemed to me. 

• Like 1

1983 - I was 13 and enthralled all way from Rocky Point Holiday to Simple Song

1987 - We sat around in August band camp talking about how great that closer was and how cool the play to exit the field tag was (something not really seen again until Phantom 2010 I think?)

1993 - For all that I was pulling for Star because I had friends in that show, the Holsinger was incredible and not to be denied.

2000 - Forgot to add this one on the initial post. I was there in College Park and the "anything you can do, I can do better" between the sections was bonkers.

2014 - for all the criticism it got, I loved it (until they did the banners at finals, i could live with the ramp). The narrator nailed that night after night.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 3