The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

28 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

They only do that in the show /sarcasm

I mean, they don't have any shout-outs to '09 yet... :P

(This would make more sense if it had included the quote of Ghost commenting about BD not "sitting on their butts.")

Edited by ftwdrummer
  • Like 1

Hope those two SCV members who got spun off are ok. One looked like he just wasn't set in time, but the other looked like he was just flung off. Crazy.

10 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I would love to hear judging tapes on SCV visual because I don't know how in the hell they aren't winning it every 

Agreed, especially in Visual Proficiency.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I noticed inconsistent intervals a few times. It is not horrible by any means, but everything is not completely locked in. Since they generate so much of their visual effect from drill formations, and not a lot from staging and body movement, that might be where the gaps are currently coming from.

Pretty much this.

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Whoever gets fourth, will have the best fourth place show ever. 

In my opinion the greatest 4th place show of all time is Santa Clara's Les Mis show in 2013 - hand's down!   That was an incredible, beautiful show.   That show would medal this year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

I noticed inconsistent intervals a few times. It is not horrible by any means, but everything is not completely locked in. Since they generate so much of their visual effect from drill formations, and not a lot from staging and body movement, that might be where the gaps are currently coming from.

I was at rehearsals for them this morning. This issue was mentioned several times with instructions on closing the gaps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Western Burger said:

Um, no. They are pulling off amazing execution, but the drill is far from being the most difficult ever written. Not even the most difficult this year.

From watching the show tonight, I still think that Bluecoats get the nod for most difficult drill.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

In my opinion the greatest 4th place show of all time is Santa Clara's Les Mis show in 2013 - hand's down!   That was an incredible, beautiful show.   That show would medal this year.

:whip:

• Like 1