Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

I'm sure she would pick up a lot of intelligence sitting by me:  "I can't feel my butt".  "Do you smell something?  Someone needs deodorant."  "Could the emoting look any more forced?"  "Could they squeeze any more people in this row?"

are you kidding the stands could be the ultimate gossip pen and is.

But of course those things you mentioned along with, you're in my seat, stop talking, why is staff yelling, what are staff wearing etc etc.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

are you kidding the stands could be the ultimate gossip pen and is.

She would never get a ticket by us. Just saying 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Haha 2

For those of you who are winterguard-inclined, I saw a beautiful show this winter that centers around the whole #metoo movement. I believe they are a high school group from Florida and as I watched those young women perform I had a visceral reaction to their authenticity of the subject matter; followed by another emotional moment of what they must face just by being a woman. Being a gay male and a public school educator, I can definitely surmise and empathize. The diversity of this winter guard was not only beautiful (all shapes, sizes, colors, etc.) but their emotion was universal. If you get a moment, check the show out. Watch their faces and listen to the lyrics of the soundtrack. THEY give me hope. 

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Sorry..lol...don't buy it, why would she care. What person outside the activity ever cared much. You yourself have said this. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt for sure but time will tell and as I said several times now I'm very willing to change my mind.

Are you sure she hasn't already tapped your phones?

1 hour ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

A director of an in-state rival is publicly contradicting a fellow director.

Every corps is in "protect your own ###" territory now.

I do not think it is a contradiction (although it could be). Morrison said he had resigned effective May 1. I had heard about this coming back in April. The question is when did the genesis director speak to Moody. That is what we do not know. 

2 hours ago, Icer said:

No one should have to "Just put up with it".  The fact that prevailing attitudes in the 70's made it difficult for you to do otherwise certainly perpetuated the behavior.  In 2018, hopefully more women (and men in certain situations as well) feel empowered to emphatically say "No!" when a situation crosses the line.

Empowered and now businesses and groups have procedures in place for reporting and disciplinary actions. At least they should if they know what’s good for them. Just had a dinner discussion with a lady I used to work with about this. Changes in on the job sexist and drinking habits since very early 80s. Worlds of difference and for the better.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

When I was a young woman, probably about 21, my boss couldn’t keep his crusty paws off me. He’d come up behind me and start massaging my shoulders.  I’m sure he was looking down my shirt, too.  He was probably about 60 and reeked of cigarettes.  I can still remember that. My apologies to you smokers.  I did nothing.  I sat there frozen and just waited for him to stop.  It was the 70’s, I needed my job, and I hadn’t gained the confidence that I now have. Or the financial security.  

I feel empathy for young women who just put up with it.  I was that woman 40 plus years ago. 

I’m just sharing a little insight into the female psyche.  Ot at least my psyche.  

They should make shoulder pads with sharp spikes and bras that emit blinding beams of light.

• Haha 2