I was there when...........

Were Phantom members in the stands during Open Class awards? :whip:

You may be thinking of this the other way around from what I meant... :whip:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there in 84 in Madison when Cadets had the pile up going into the Z pull

Pretty sure that was Whitewater for DCI Midwest. I was there standing near the gate at the top of the hill. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I was there when Vanguard won their own show

I was there (way back) when no corps ever competed in their own show. As a courtesy to their rivals, they would appear only in judged exhibition.

I was there in 1976, when a police car led the Bayonne Bridgemen into the stadium in Bayonne, as the corps debuted its "banana" uniforms and a show style that set the drum corps world on its ear.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

We've all been to shows where something "unusual/unique/etc" happened that we'd never seen/heard before. What are your stories? It can also be something that happened to you during a performance.

Ready? GO!

I was at the the 1995 finals when all the lights in the stadium went out just before the Cavaliers encore performance

A repeat....I was there when Bones appeared on a cherry picker in Allentown

I was there in 1999 when Boston cracked back in to the top 12 finals after a long absence

I was at finals in 2008

I was at the Hershey show (2001) when the Crossmen and Brigadiers won and took turns playing songs in an encore

I saw the first time the Cavaliers revealed the diamond cutter at Giants Stadium in 1999

I saw the following tribute/alumni corps, St Joes, 27th Lancers, Royaliers, Caballeros, Madison Scouts, Anaheim Kingsmen and Cavaliers

Edited by Triple Forte

Meh, Bluecoats 2008 sounded better (at that moment) than just about any G hornline I've heard, save maybe a couple of BD lines (94, 98, 99) and Star in the early 90s .

While I admit being a homer, I am quite objective. That a cappella hornline section by the Bluecoats in 2008 may be the greatest a cappella moment in drum corps history. No drums or pit for added volume, just pure brass. To see it on a recorded medium doesn't do it justice.