Its about time for this I presume

When I say that I think the top 5 will be great, that is comparing it to the last few seasons where the top 5 have been fantastic. And when you look at corps like Cavaliers, Blue Devils and Cadets, the level of competition is amazing every year. And last year SCV really took another step up again, so I would look at them to be tough this year as well.

You are correct that most of the corps haven't had a rehearsal on the field yet, but I haven't got any reason to believe that the top 5 corps aren't going to be fantastic.

I also think it would be fantastic if at the beginning of the season, there would be thoughts that any one of the 23 corps could win. In theory, there would probably be only 5 corps that would be predicted to be a possible contender this year. And hopefully by mid-season, we will have other corps that are stepping up their game, and challenging the top 5. Crown and Bluecoats have broken into that top 4 in the last 4 years. It would be nice to see someone else get into that grouping as well. I really think it would be awesome if Pioneer ended up winning this year, after placing in the bottom 2 corps for the last decade.

But in reality, placement isn't as important as the face that I enjoy watching every single corps, every single year.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you want to see another corps break into the Top 5, watch the Madison Scouts. In 2010 they will be Top 10, possibly even Top 8! In 2011 and 2012 they will tear it up with moves into the Top 6 and then the Top 5! Shake it up, Madison!

The Boston Crusaders could be the next corps to wiggle into the Top 5 in 2010. The corps proper's uniform is finally ready for the big time and the corps has matured to a top 5 level. All that remains is, do they have the show to put them in?

"Eat 'em up, Boston!"

Havin fun,

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

The whole season will be great, up until the point were we get to the noisy echo chamber that shall go nameless.

LOS

There is no rationale as to why Crown cannot win it all in 2010. They have everything they need to be successful. They have C.I.

For every reason anyone lists that says they cannot win, I can say the same for any other corps out there. I know DCI is hoping for more parity. I think Regiment winning in 08 was just the start of a more diverse list of champions. Madison will be challenging in a few years as well as as Blue Stars.

I for one just hope Crown stays in the conversation and keeps putting out brilliant shows. ...and personally, just because I love watching Cadets fans freak out....I hope Crown continues to crush thier spirits every year down the stretch. :-P

Cavies....don't see them in the Top 4. I think they will be regrouping for a spell.

There is no rationale as to why Crown cannot win it all in 2010. They have everything they need to be successful. They have C.I.

For every reason anyone lists that says they cannot win, I can say the same for any other corps out there. I know DCI is hoping for more parity. I think Regiment winning in 08 was just the start of a more diverse list of champions. Madison will be challenging in a few years as well as as Blue Stars.

I for one just hope Crown stays in the conversation and keeps putting out brilliant shows. ...and personally, just because I love watching Cadets fans freak out....I hope Crown continues to crush thier spirits every year down the stretch. :-P

Cavies....don't see them in the Top 4. I think they will be regrouping for a spell.

One of my friends is a big time Cadets fan, he loves every aspect of it, and will rather die than admit Crown or someone else is better overall than the Cadets. However after he heard Crown beat Cadets in finals he looked like he had just gotten over a hookworm treatment :tongue: yeah me and him always argue which one is better Crown or Cadets, always funny to see him go nuts trying to prove me wrong (both are great corps however regardless of which one you like better)

Wow... classy.

I'm actually one of those Cadets fans. But in all honesty, it was never because I disliked Crown. Their 09 show has way more "plays" on my iPod than WSS. They were my favorite show of last year.

I'd be willing to bet that most of the "freak outs" from fans of whatever corps was more due to hype, DCP threads like this, and fans with a mentality similar to yours.

ETA: ... it's February.

Edited by chaddyt

Never said that they'd win because they had a difficult book. However, what I DID say was that if they can clean it, not only will it be that much more impressive, but it would absolutely increase their chances of winning...not because it's difficult, but because it would be clean. Blue Devils, Phantom, Cavaliers, and Cadets have all had very difficult moments in their championship shows, and they won because moments like those were clean, and therefore, impressive. If Crown does the same, well...we'll see in August, no?

Huh ?

Thats what I was gonna say, I cant wait for all the crown hype to die in early July when they are behind BD, Cadets, Cavs, Phantom, and SCV again. :tongue:

Hate to rain on your parade there Sparky, but being behind in early July doesn't mean Jack. If you don't believe me, ask Phantom '08... seems to me they made a nice little run starting in late July.

Next...

Edited by Newseditor44