2011 Uniforms

This past weekend during the Bluecoats family day they had a history display for the corps and within the display they had a uniform display that showed the various uniforms the corps has worn through the years. I was surprised to discover that the dark Blue jackets the corps bought in 1992 were the same jackets they were still wearing in 2003. In the picture below from left to right 1974-1978, 1980-1982, 1984-1988, 1989-1991, 1992-2003, 2004-2006, 2007-current. Below the uniforms are and original plume, a shako from the 1980-1982 years (only time the corps wore a shako), 1984 guard uniform, DM uniform 1984-1988, 1988 guard uniform, 1994 sash, helmet and plume from the 1992-2006 era, jacket from the 1984-1986 era.

251707_10150638077800710_180000990709_19191623_6401590_n.jpg

Nice!

New thought...

I'll be honest: that open-front BD uniform all the dinos rave about is UGLY with a capital UGLY. Seriously.

Edited by DrillmanSop06
  • Like 3

As far as BD’s uniform, looks like what I thought it would from the leaks which is kind of disappointing because I thought it’s be more radical. It’s pretty much their same uniformed themed to the show...don't love it or hate it, never liked their skirts

Reminds me of Dazzle Camouflage which, is a form of visual trickery – fitting for their visual programs as of late which, I see as a gimmick

So what are the props they are going to liter the field with so they can run to their permanent dots? Tell me it’s not a lined tarp, please, no

If you'd had the privilege to have worn it, perhaps you may feel differently. :thumbup:

And that's exactly what I would say to anyone talking smack about this current BD uniform. :sleeping:

Even though my personal opinion is that aesthetically speaking, it's a mess and a half. As were most clothing items and hair styles from that general time period.

Edited by DrillmanSop06
  • Like 2

255703_10150206579699563_549704562_7150982_2375707_n.jpg

Doesn't look terribly attractive up close, but I suspect that from a distance, these will do a nice job visually. I'll be interested to see what they look like on the field.

• Like 1

As far as BD’s uniform, looks like what I thought it would from the leaks which is kind of disappointing because I thought it’s be more radical. It’s pretty much their same uniformed themed to the show...don't love it or hate it, never liked their skirts

Reminds me of Dazzle Camouflage which, is a form of visual trickery – fitting for their visual programs as of late which, I see as a gimmick

So what are the props they are going to liter the field with so they can run to their permanent dots? Tell me it’s not a lined tarp, please, no

254574_10150217796668958_118908788957_7073403_1353408_n.jpg

The frames represent windowless structures that is brought together to make a house at the end of the show for a romantic climax.

• Like 2

That Bluecoats history photo was really interesting. I always appreciate seeing the evolution of a "look."

And seeing BD in action - from a distance their jackets look like a twist on "The Music Man" cadet-style jackets - the white diagonal stripes on the center of the jacket *really* stand out.

Mike

254574_10150217796668958_118908788957_7073403_1353408_n.jpg

The frames represent windowless structures that is brought together to make a house at the end of the show for a romantic climax.

this is probably the only time BD will perform while the sun is still shining.

My dearest Luna....speaking from a Cavies homer/FMM and someone that marched with both organizations to an obvious BD homer (based on your recent posts) . The Cavaliers uniform is based on that of history and tradition and what you see is what you get, much like the Cadets.These two uniforms and that of the Troopers are probably the most recognizable in all of DCI history over the years.

And before you make any judgements about a show you havent seen, I promise you that what the men have put on the field this year has not been done before. And,, IMO much more innovative than moving big stick boxes or mirrors or chairs around a field and i promise you that it takes WAY more skill. THe Cavaliers have done a very good job of editing their Facebook posts, pics, articles etc...as to not let the surprise out. But everyone will know soon enough. And kudos to the drum corps community for respecting their wishes to keep it under wraps.

• Like 1