Glassmen go inactive for 2013

Also the problem of a corps trying to rebuild in this age when lot of members can only march one season or when the cost of being in a top corps compared to a rebuilding or lesser corps are fairly close. Just makes it harder to find those potential members. Feeling can be: "why march in a non-top corps in my one and only year" or "why spend roughly the same amount of money and be less successful". And the "amount of money" quote was given by a few DCPers a few years back when I asked why people didn't march a "lesser corps" if they missed the cut of their dream corps.

yep... and this is my point. Why do corps D, E, & F have to tour (or even feel like they have to tour) as much as A, B, and C. Is it all because of the competiveness of the activity now? Corps of any size and budget should be able to perform in a DCI show, even if it's just 1. We'd have more corps, and varying member fees to make the activity itself more affordable for all

The Chinese word for "crisis" (simplified Chinese: 危机; traditional Chinese: 危機; pinyin: wēijī; Wade–Giles: wei-chi) is frequently invoked in motivational speaking along with the statement that the two characters it is composed of represent "danger" and "opportunity."

The Glassmen are not dead, they have taken a commendably responsible move to ensure that the organization is able to produce another 50 years of alumni. If it were at all possible financially for the corps to securely provide for their members the experience of a lifetime that every member of the Glassmen family deserves, they would. I hope that all those involved will see that this danger also provides an opportunity for great things in the future. Many drum corps across the country are and will face similar financial crises, and perhaps the Glassmen will help illuminate the way for DCI and its member corps to continue through the 21st century and even into the 22nd.

I stand by my drum corps family. We will persevere. It's way cool because the Glassmen are hot, Hot, HOT!

The Chinese word for "crisis" (simplified Chinese: 危机; traditional Chinese: 危機; pinyin: wēijī; Wade–Giles: wei-chi) is frequently invoked in motivational speaking along with the statement that the two characters it is composed of represent "danger" and "opportunity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_word_for_%22crisis%22

yep... and this is my point. Why do corps D, E, & F have to tour (or even feel like they have to tour) as much as A, B, and C. Is it all because of the competiveness of the activity now? Corps of any size and budget should be able to perform in a DCI show, even if it's just 1. We'd have more corps, and varying member fees to make the activity itself more affordable for all

There are WC corps that do not spend the entire summer on tour, so this is the more accurate comment.

I'm not involved with the activity that much anymore so I have a few questions.

Does anybody know what the annual cost is to run a corps these days?

What would the initial cost be to start a new corps?

Has there been any new corps in the last 10 years that are in the top 15?

Does the horn line use their own trumpets these days or does the corps still provide them?

Sorry for all of the questions but things have changed so much since I marched and I have no clue on what happens behind the scenes these days.

I hate to see any corps go inactive, it's a long road back and another set back for the activity.

Does the horn line use their own trumpets these days or does the corps still provide them?

Sorry for all of the questions but things have changed so much since I marched and I have no clue on what happens behind the scenes these days.

I hate to see any corps go inactive, it's a long road back and another set back for the activity.

I knew tupac was alive!

The Academy are entering their tenth year of competition and have finished in the top 15 five of their six years in World Class/Division I. They are the youngest corps in World Class.

Corps still provide horns.