Members have changed so why not the activity

Tupac

I can tell you when the Families of instruments are taught in General Music classes in schools, the Piano is usually classed as a percussion instrument.

I believe it is classed as a Cordophone, so percussion instrument.

I can tell you when the Families of instruments are taught in General Music classes in schools, the Piano is usually classed as a percussion instrument.

And I can tell you that many concert orchestral pianists get their noses bent out of shape, their feathers in a ruffle, and their underwear tied up in knots when a piano is called percussion.

And I can tell you that many concert orchestral pianists get their noses bent out of shape, their feathers in a ruffle, and their underwear tied up in knots when a piano is called percussion.

Well, they can get all uppity about it, but it is still percussion. Any pianist that says otherwise is welcome to their opinion, but they're wrong

Show me the mouthpiece or reed they need to play on...............and I'll stop calling it a percussive instrument.

Bad analogy. That would be the American League circuit for baseball.

In reality, the DH has become the more prevalent paradigm in baseball leagues throughout the world (and in the United States, for that matter). The National League is one of the few leagues who haven't yet adopted it, and IMO it's only a matter of time before they do.

In reality, the DH has become the more prevalent paradigm in baseball leagues throughout the world (and in the United States, for that matter). The National League is one of the few leagues who haven't yet adopted it, and IMO it's only a matter of time before they do.

I suppose it's a way to support a weak baseball player for a position. People normally opt for the easy way when given the chance. That's simply human nature. I don't ever see a time they actually do IMHO.

Yes, however, by definition of how the sound is produced, whether they like it or not, it is one. One can use the whole chordophone definition as well, but the sound is produced by striking something with a hammer.

Generally on DCP, it's the electronic instrumental family that causes the most debate though. :laugh:

I suppose it's a way to support a weak baseball player for a position. People normally opt for the easy way when given the chance. That's simply human nature. I don't ever see a time they actually do IMHO.

The writing is on the wall, now so more than ever with Houston moving to the American League to even out the number of teams in both leagues. With that in mind, there is now at least one interleague game being played on any given day of a season. Sooner or later, the relevance of playing the same game by different rules in the same league on a daily basis will reach a point where enough folks will decide there is no longer a reason why NOT to change.

Sorry...don't mean to dominate the board, but...

In thinking about the subject as discussed, I realized that even academia possesses a certain quandary applicable to all this. 2 buddies graduate the same year from college. Buddy A graduates with a "Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education."

Buddy B graduates with a "Bachelor of Science in Music Education."

Are we supposed to solve for X ?