Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

Just got back from the Cinema and the overall assessment in my group was there was a lot of entertainment offered by these groups tonite.. with each offering something different and unique from one another, and we all agreed( we rarely do ) that the placements seemed just about right as well for this opening week show. Hats off to all the Corps for being this ready for the opener.

• Like 1

Same judge that had Crown OVER Cadets the next night?

Clearly, this judge picked up a copy of How To Manage Your Percussion Numbers For Dummies just in time for Bowling Green.

• Like 3

Looking at the recap... unfortunately I'm more certain of my grim assessment based on the consistency between GE judges. The 'Coats show doesn't have any deeper meaning for the judges to appreciate on multiple reads. They really needed to see this show as a GE powerhouse from the first read for this to work. Even if they get the visual performance stuff worked out (and playing catch up is an awful game) that GE spread is a poison pill. Too bad the crowd doesn't seem to feel the same way.

oh wow - stay positive! 1 show does not a trend make, let alone a season!

• Like 1

Wow what a fun evening. Liked nearly everyone more than I expected to like them.

Cavies -- much better run than Indy. Enjoyed the show and there are some cool moments. Guard will carry this program again.

Madison -- only program that sort of lost me. I want to like it because of the musical book but they pretty much didn't let me. And there's clearly a lot left to put in (at least I hope so ) because there was not a single thread to follow through the program. Like them in white though :-)

PR -- I think this is a step up for PR. Yes they're telling a story again and yes they're pretty again but there was vocabulary out there tonight.

BAC -- Another show I was kind of skeptical about that I now count in the "hey I like this". The Barber is to die for. Fun to watch where they take this.

Cadets -- en fuego. Wow. I do worry a little about the growth potential. What would you add to this show? So -- classic Cadets but I hope Sully has some amazing #### planned so it doesn't peak. But man are they hitting on all cylinders right now.

Crown -- so dirty. But a lot of room for growth. Suspect we'll see a different corps in Muncie wrt clean. They do have some challenges in pacing in the middle of the show. And the trampolines could be a fatal flaw if they don't have something amazing planned. We shall see.

Bloo -- probably the show I was most curious to see. WOW. Really great show. Everything works really. Gonna be fun to see where this show goes. Happy I get to see them live a few times in the next week. It's just cool drum corps.

• Like 5

BAC and their G7

u1L2maO.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty much not subtle at all, now is it.

:)