2015 Predictions

I just think that SCV is overdue for a medal based on the last couple seasons

SCV being overdue, or Cadets being mad about finals last year, does not mean much.

Another thing, and I know I should just keep this to myself, but really, how can "The Power of 10" even compete, when "E=mc^2" is so much more advanced and complicated? It's rudimentary mathematics vs. Einstein. Crown won by a small margin in 2013. If Cadets win by a bigger margin, it would be a travesty, especially when Crown's show was so much more thought out than what Cadets have put on the field this year.

Dang it, Cadets, you can't compete with astrophysics! The speed of light is so much faster than 10.

One other thing. A corps can clean, clean, clean all they want, but much more often than not, gold medals are given to the better show, not the cleanest show. That's both musically and visually. Sure, Cadets are cleaning like mad now, but what about when there's nothing left to clean, and the other corps catch up?

It's a balance of clean and design. I'd argue that the cleanest corps won in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005...well I'll stop there. And I'd argue that the "best show" won in 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2005...

In any case, whoever medals and whoever doesn't, I think the best thing so far is how close this top 6 is. Just 2.25 separating the pack leader and Blue Knights.

Yes!

• Like 1

I don't know.

Maybe the Blue Devils' show is not as strong as I thought it would be. I haven't seen their show yet. Based on last year's results, and their theme for this year, it really seemed like another 99+ point result, never mind "spreads".

I fully expected SCV and Bluecoats to medal this year. That would leave The Cadets out of it, if BD did win again. And it isn't so much that I dislike The Cadets, because I don't, I just think that SCV is overdue for a medal based on the last couple seasons, and Bluecoats org. seems like they're hungry for another medal and decided to raise the bar.

Another thing, and I know I should just keep this to myself, but really, how can "The Power of 10" even compete, when "E=mc^2" is so much more advanced and complicated? It's rudimentary mathematics vs. Einstein. Crown won by a small margin in 2013. If Cadets win by a bigger margin, it would be a travesty, especially when Crown's show was so much more thought out than what Cadets have put on the field this year.

One other thing. A corps can clean, clean, clean all they want, but much more often than not, gold medals are given to the better show, not the cleanest show. That's both musically and visually. Sure, Cadets are cleaning like mad now, but what about when there's nothing left to clean, and the other corps catch up?

GE scores are partly based on how clean the show is, and that's because a dirty show does not give as much an effect as a clean one. Whatever judge might say otherwise is lying.

In any case, whoever medals and whoever doesn't, I think the best thing so far is how close this top 6 is. Just 2.25 separating the pack leader and Blue Knights.

Cadets beat Crown by 2.2 in Warrensburg.

Things are going to get even more interesting between San Antonio and Finals week.

I've already got my tickets for Friday the 7th. I'm so excited, I can't wait.

So Cadets shouldn't be doing well (or shouldn't be winning, to paraphrase your post) because SCV is due for a medal? SCV has a fantastic show, but just like with every other corps who may be striving for a medal, that said corps has to earn it. Medals are also given to the better show that is WELL-EXECUTED, which is why corps spend hours on end CLEANING a show. The other thing, Crown's E=MC squared show happened TWO YEARS ago and is not being performed in 2015. If that show was being performed this year, then I would be more than willing to compare the two, but since their not, you're comparing apples to oranges.

OMG Cadets fanboys, leave the guy alone...it's just an opinion...

Hello? You should read his post above and explain to me why I shouldn't comment.

I don't know.

Maybe the Blue Devils' show is not as strong as I thought it would be. I haven't seen their show yet. Based on last year's results, and their theme for this year, it really seemed like another 99+ point result, never mind "spreads".

I fully expected SCV and Bluecoats to medal this year. That would leave The Cadets out of it, if BD did win again. And it isn't so much that I dislike The Cadets, because I don't, I just think that SCV is overdue for a medal based on the last couple seasons, and Bluecoats org. seems like they're hungry for another medal and decided to raise the bar.

GE scores are partly based on how clean the show is, and that's because a dirty show does not give as much an effect as a clean one. Whatever judge might say otherwise is lying.

Cadets beat Crown by 2.2 in Warrensburg.

Things are going to get even more interesting between San Antonio and Finals week.

I've already got my tickets for Friday the 7th. I'm so excited, I can't wait.

Gee..I wonder if anyone has told BoyWonder how tired his opinions about the cadets "It's not that I dislike them because I really don't" are. BoyWonder... Your opinions of the Cadets are tired and boring and we all know despite what you say or claim your opinions are filled with nothing but dislike for them and how much you are a BD homer. We get it..turn the page and find another topic before we all..fall... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

I don't know.

It's cute how you haven't seen the show, but it's not as strong as you thought it would be. I also really thought your comment about The Power of Ten not being as strong a theme, from a fundamental standpoint as E=mc2 was charming.

You keep being you!

• Like 1

Guys, you might stone me for this but what would you all do if there is a tie at finals this year in any place. I think it is within the realm of possibility this season with so, so, so many good corps and shows. (Just my humble opinion, hath mercy on me! :D )

Last time I checked, cutting edge shows don't always happen every year, and don't always win (see Star 93..). Trying to compare 2013 to 2015 is just silly. I mean, heck, we could throw in 91 Star, 02 Cavaliers, 84 Garfield, 86 BD, 08 Phantom, etc,etc. For 2015, Bluecoats have probably the most "unique" show, but Cadets have a show thats clear, easy to follow, and just screams drum corps, and they are just performing their butts off.

FTR, You take a less than basically perfect Crown hornline in 2013, and you have closer to a 3rd place corps, period. The show design was not THAT cutting edge. Certainly not to the level of some of the aforementioned groups, IMHO..

Also, how was E=mc2 more advanced than rudimentary math? Did they spell out 3.14 and dot the Pi? Did they do calculus in the drill? Lets not over dramatize the show. It was a home run for them, incredibly musical, detailed to the max, clear and performed at the highest level. I think very similar to what Cadets (and BD almost every year) is doing with their show. Crown is not there yet this season, and unless they make bigger design changes towards the end, will be relegated to aiming for 3rd. Given this year, thats a huge accomplishment with the level of the top 5..

Edited by trumpetcam

Guys, you might stone me for this but what would you all do if there is a tie at finals this year in any place. I think it is within the realm of possibility this season with so, so, so many good corps and shows. (Just my humble opinion, hath mercy on me! :D )

I could see that with BD/Cadets this year.

both shows are on total opposites of the spectrum yet both equaly as ######. I am not opposed to ties at all. In fact, I totally agreed with all the DCI ties.

I could see that with BD/Cadets this year.

Me too. They tie for second, and Bluecoats win :tounge2:

I can see Crown/Vanguard at a 4th place tie. Or a Crown/Bloo tie for third.

Gee..I wonder if anyone has told BoyWonder how tired his opinions about the cadets "It's not that I dislike them because I really don't" are. BoyWonder... Your opinions of the Cadets are tired and boring and we all know despite what you say or claim your opinions are filled with nothing but dislike for them and how much you are a BD homer. We get it..turn the page and find another topic before we all..fall... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not a BD homer. In fact, I've been quite the opposite in recent years.

I actually do love The Cadets. I would rather see them win than BD. But this this thread isn't about my personal wants.

So as far as my predictions, since this IS a prediction thread, I have to be unbiased about my opinions. That's all this thread is, is predicting what we think is going to happen.

I would love for all corps to end up finishing exactly how I predicted them to finish before the season started. Since I predicted them in a certain order, I feel that I should defend my guesses, no matter how irrational my posts might seem. If someone thinks they are ridiculous, then please just laugh at it.

Heck, I picked Blue Knights in 9th and Blue Stars in 8th. I don't even know how to begin to defend that prediction.

Edited by BoyWonder1911