Regiment '15

Gonna be a great show! For those searching around, the show music starts around 38:30 in this new recording.

I wonder why the horn line isn't playing the first two strains of the chorale at the end of the Saint-Seans. Seems like an odd choice, so my bet is that there's something going on visually that is keeping them from contributing musically for those few bars.

That's my biggest gripe. And instead the synth is playing.. doxology? It just doesn't make much musical sense

and too many important measures missing from claire de lune. But boy are they playing well! I agree with whoever said they haven't sounded this good at concert in the park in a loooong time.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

That's my biggest gripe. And instead the synth is playing.. doxology? It just doesn't make much musical sense

and too many important measures missing from claire de lune. But boy are they playing well! I agree with whoever said they haven't sounded this good at concert in the park in a loooong time.

Yeah, I was kind of thrown for a loop when I first heard Claire de Lune, as well. The more that I hear it, though, the more I'm enjoying it. I'm thinking it's arranged to fit a love story vignette that's happening?

Yeah, I was kind of thrown for a loop when I first heard Claire de Lune, as well. The more that I hear it, though, the more I'm enjoying it. I'm thinking it's arranged to fit a love story vignette that's happening?

When they announced the musical selections I remember thinking "But I've heard so many of these before." Thing is, I'm starting to like a lot of the arrangements - I haven't heard them like "this" before.

I really like the intro to American in Paris - it's actually kinda funky.

• Like 1

When they announced the musical selections I remember thinking "But I've heard so many of these before." Thing is, I'm starting to like a lot of the arrangements - I haven't heard them like "this" before.

I really like the intro to American in Paris - it's actually kinda funky.

Oh yeah, agreed. The end of American in Paris will be fixed, I'm sure. It's kind of strange how they introduce the tail end of a completely different theme from a different section of the piece just to end the tune (46:52 on the video).

The last two years, Phantom had fallen completely off my radar. Forgettable programs. This, I am happy to say, is not one of them. It's a fairly chipper set of arrangements, and boy do they have a lot of faith in their drum line, apparently, as they carry much of the show. I love the unconventional Claire de Lune, and An American in Paris is going to be a showstopper. I can't wait to see this one in motion!

-Mike

• Like 4

Some inside the arc goodies.

• Like 1

Maybe they will raise an Eiffel Tower than push someone off of it.

• Like 1