SCV 2015

Is there no gray for you? You seem to be arguing black and white. SCV is where it is right now because of better design AND taking advantage of the fall of PR and Cavies. Ignoring the impact of 2 corps falling out from under them would be giving SCV too much credit.

Completely agreed. I'm a huge PR homer, and I'll be the first to admit that their 3rd place finish in 2012 was a combination of (i) a solid and well-performed design, and (ii) the Cadets choosing to perform a less-than-stellar Christmas music show. This is no insult to Phantom Regiment. Corps just don't perform in a vacuum.

Completely agreed. I'm a huge PR homer, and I'll be the first to admit that their 3rd place finish in 2012 was a combination of (i) a solid and well-performed design, and (ii) the Cadets choosing to perform a less-than-stellar Christmas music show. This is no insult to Phantom Regiment. Corps just don't perform in a vacuum.

Exactly (and I am also a PR homer)

Take into account, however, that it's not just SCV that's been improving its position through better designs. Phantom Regiment and Cavies have done more than their share to help the rise of SCV lately.

Is there no gray for you? You seem to be arguing black and white. SCV is where it is right now because of better design AND taking advantage of the fall of PR and Cavies. Ignoring the impact of 2 corps falling out from under them would be giving SCV too much credit.

There is certainly grey. But your original post is that Phantom and Cavaliers dropping has done "more than their fair share" to bring SCV up. You're saying that SCV would not have improved without these two other corps falling. That takes a lot of credit away from SCV for being better than they were in 2010 and 2011. All of the corps in the field are getting stronger, and some will get stronger in a year than others. SCV's march back up the rankings was in the same time-frame as Phantom climbing back up. Phantom only dropped off in the last two years, when SCV was already into the Top 4/5. The corps you could make the case for would be Cavaliers, since they dropped from 3rd to 8th when SCV rose from 6th to 5th.

It's amusing that some think SCV had help in moving up by some dropping.

I mean that makes sense, not that the corps is performing better and has stronger design.

Yeah, it must be others dropping and not quality improvement from SCV's standpoint.

Glad I know now, I really thought it was SCV improving.

It's amusing that some think SCV had help in moving up by some dropping.

I mean that makes sense, not that the corps is performing better and has stronger design.

Yeah, it must be others dropping and not quality improvement from SCV's standpoint.

Glad I know now, I really thought it was SCV improving.

Are you colorblind too? I never said the only reason SCV rose is because of PR and Cavies dropping. Obviously SCV has to have improved as well. But you'd be blind to think that the Cavies and PR didn't play some part in the rise.

Please SCV make your official announcement soon so we can discuss the upcoming season instead of all this silliness...

Are you colorblind too? I never said the only reason SCV rose is because of PR and Cavies dropping. Obviously SCV has to have improved as well. But you'd be blind to think that the Cavies and PR didn't play some part in the rise.

That must be it.

Such a slippery slope, so take credit away from the Cavies, PR, Star, Crossmen in the early 90's, etc due to BD and SCV slipping from their prior dominance in the rankings. Brilliant logic.

• Like 3

This should be a good show too.

• Like 1