SCV 2015

It was a rhetorical question.

Propensity is that Fiedler like Hopkins likes to be a hands on person not just an armchair executive.

His history is as an instructor and designer as well as a CEO reading budget sheets and setting agenda; his credentials including marching baritone, being a DM, teaching visual, teaching guard, writing band shows; he has also judged many band shows.

I wasn't present at the design meetings for Machine but did have the occasion of riding Cavies tour buses in years leading up to that show. I know many ideas were speculated but not used, some doable, others just fantasy.

it will be interesting to see how much if any overlap arrives in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Third and Twelfth are the only positions where a "tie" is pleasurable.

And I believe there's never been a tie for third, so that result is overdue.

(SCV came pretty close to doing so in 2013.)

And I believe there's never been a tie for third, so that result is overdue.

(SCV came pretty close to doing so in 2013.)

12-way tie for first anyone? ;-)

But Tesla coils are so much cooler...

I suppose Crown '13 already presented the teleporting that is ascribed to Tesla in The Prestige. Now SCV could add the movie's twist.

Just remember that Edison did make a lot of important innovations himself . . . like the commercially-viable light bulb, telegraph, and photograph.

The electric telegraph was patented in 1837, ten years before Edison was born.

What's the over/under on this show's drill including either "SCV" or "Vanguard" in Morse Code?

• Like 1

The electric telegraph was patented in 1837, ten years before Edison was born.

Woops! Sorry if I was misleading, that was not my intention. I mean that Edison made innovations in the field of telegraphy such as the electric vote recorder (his first patent!)

Edited by bonelife

Intriguing show, looking forward to some of the music, have no clue where they go with it or how it will place. it has a bust or boom feeling, which one will it be?

^ This.

I think this boils down to design. If they can use this show to re-establish themselves as the 'vanguard' of the activity, I can see a medal this year.

..or this could go terribly wrong.

I can see a medal this year.

..or this could go terribly wrong.

But you know wouldn't possibly go wrong? Using a musical tesla coil on the field... Unless it arced to a member... Which interestingly enough, there is conflicting information as to whether or not tesla coil arcs are damaging to the human skin. Turns out human nerves don't process voltages that are alternating at a frequency above around 500 Hz (an out of tune B4), and since voltage only shocks but doesn't do damage (current is what actually does the damage, but unfortunately voltage and current are directly proportional), it's hard to tell!

Sorry, I digress, I just really want this to happen...

But yeah, the concerto is a little... unmelodic? If I didn't trust vanguards design team I would probably be worried, but I feel like they will hit it out of the park, so I'm cautiously optimistic!

But yeah, the concerto is a little... unmelodic? If I didn't trust vanguards design team I would probably be worried, but I feel like they will hit it out of the park, so I'm cautiously optimistic!

Phantom Regiment used the Corigliano Piano Concerto to great effect in 2006, so I'm not too concerned.