SCV 2015

I can't say anything about GE but SCV's style of drill is really holding them back in the visual side of things. Until they change the style to a more normal distance between each marcher, they're going to always look dirty and suffer both in Visual proficiency and the visual side of GE. Their hornline is not pulling its weight either (despite having JD Shaw...)

They seemed to do fine in both captions tonight.

• Like 1

I'm hoping this isn't the case but does anyone else think that SCV's score might be ever so slightly inflated right now?

Reason being is because I noticed that whenever S. Sybilski judges Vis Analysis, he puts SCV in the Top 2. What's he seeing that the other judges aren't?

I'm hoping this isn't the case but does anyone else think that SCV's score might be ever so slightly inflated right now?

Reason being is because I noticed that whenever S. Sybilski judges Vis Analysis, he puts SCV in the Top 2. What's he seeing that the other judges aren't?

Really difficult and lyrical drill and transitions, plus a ton of body movement by the corps proper.

I don't think its inflated since they scored 3rd in visual proficiency and guard as well, so something must have clicked in their visual program.

Edited by Clutchtow
  • Like 2

Really difficult and lyrical drill and transitions, plus a ton of body movement by the corps proper.

I don't think its inflated since they scored 3rd in visual proficiency and guard as well, so something must have clicked in their visual program.

Agreed. IMO they (and Bloo, Cadets, and Crown) should all be beating BD in visual. I think SCV has the best visual program this year, and it should be rewarded.

• Like 1

I can't say anything about GE but SCV's style of drill is really holding them back in the visual side of things. Until they change the style to a more normal distance between each marcher, they're going to always look dirty and suffer both in Visual proficiency and the visual side of GE. Their hornline is not pulling its weight either (despite having JD Shaw...)

Not a new discussion with SCV. Go back to the the years with Rosander as the drill writer....most years the design was their but just could not be cleaned. Clean that product and they would podium almost any year. With their history of programming they are clearly comfortable with taking risks and putting a visual package that may not be cleanable (by anyone).

• Like 1

It's been great to see the rehearsal videos from Chesapeake VA. Good luck SCV!

He's seeing that Jeff Fiedler, his old boss at the Cavies, is the corps director? :)

He's seeing that Jeff Fiedler, his old boss at the Cavies, is the corps director? :)

EDIT: I get that you are joking... i just have no words...

Edited by Clutchtow

Not a new discussion with SCV. Go back to the the years with Rosander as the drill writer....most years the design was their but just could not be cleaned. Clean that product and they would podium almost any year. With their history of programming they are clearly comfortable with taking risks and putting a visual package that may not be cleanable (by anyone).

And, at some level, they are getting hosed. I'm a Crown alum, but even I can see that.

• Like 1