Indy "opening" contest

1) Cadets - 74.15

2) Coats - 73.25

3) Crown - 72.95

4) Cavies - 71.3

5) Blue Stars - 70.5

6) Scouts - 69.35

I guess I'm optimistic that the corps will start strong this year.

• Like 2

Does anyone want me to post pictures/tweets from twitter on here tonight?

(Spoken like Sterling Archer) Is that a joke? Really though.....please do my friend!

• Like 1

Not sure what's the big deal about the emphasis on what scores the judges start on. It's arbitrary and mostly context dependent (depends on other corps' performance). Yes there are "boxes" (box 4, box 5) to place corps in a certain ball park, but I don't think it really makes a difference whether a corps starts at 70 or 75, because in the end the highest score at finals will always be around 98 or 99.

Not sure what's the big deal about the emphasis on what scores the judges start on. It's arbitrary and mostly context dependent (depends on other corps' performance). Yes there are "boxes" (box 4, box 5) to place corps in a certain ball park, but I don't think it really makes a difference whether a corps starts at 70 or 75, because in the end the highest score at finals will always be around 98 or 99.

A lot of people, including myself, have the first show jitters and are having fun with it. I'd imagine that most people in their right minds wouldn't base the whole season on tonight. It's a puddle, not an ocean.

See Post #63.

no the full roster, not just tonight

so - a couple predictions on my part...

If Crown is wins, folks will say "Crown fixed what was wrong from LY and will win worlds"

If Cadets win, folks will say "Cadets / BD finals"

If Bluecoats win, folks will say "Crown and Cadets are just dirty, give it a week"

If Cavaliers win, folks will say "it was a fluke"

If Cadets don't win - folks will say it is George Hopkins fault

If Cavaliers are within two points - folks will say "dark horse!"

:)

We have to keep it in perspective tonight. As others have pointed out - a first read for the judges

Several of these corps just got their closers on the field a day or two ago

Some (Crown/Cadets etc) aren't performing the real end of their shows

Other corps have holes... Cadets will march 4 bass, 4 tenor drums tonight. The missing bass will hurt that caption. Not the only example of this!

So - let's keep it all in perspective, enjoy the early season show & in mid-July things will "clarify"

• Like 1

Sorry - you are being WAY to rationale. I'm pretty sure that is against the rules. We must predict, respond and most importantly - OVER REACT to the results tonight

Seasons will end TONIGHT _ just you watch :)

Someone will post "Corps X" is officially out of finals or "Corps Y" can't win worlds

And then by August, everything changes! A Regiment "I am Spartacus!" happens!!

I'm going to place Cadets 1st. They hit the ground running in 2012, 2013,and 2014,and the reports seem strong. I'm going to put them at about 74.00 and about a point ahead of second.

2nd: Carolina Crown, at 73.00, 3rd Bluecoats 72.5. Crown's show may be too dark for some, especially after they've rocked us in the stands, made us love the common good, reminded us that even Albert Einstein could find love,and being lost in space is only a temporary problem. Their brass book will win skeptics and it will ne on hell of show (yes, pun intended). I'm thinking Bluecoats could be stronger, but last year's premier caught so many people off guard, this year may not have the impact of last year, but they'll quickly win our love.

4th 70.00 Cavaliers: they've had seem pretty interesting looking Facebook photos and I'm curious to see what they can do.

5th: Blue Stars 65.00. I'm not convinced we will see Blue tars catapult to a higher placement this year, but I expect a good show.

6th Madison 64.5. I'm interested in seeing Madison tonight. I do think the pressure of competition will give us a better show than we saw on the 15th,and I'm hoping it will have more of a Gene Kelley feel. I'm not sure how "Annie" fits into a Gene Kelly and while MGM made "Meet Me In St. Louis" it did not star Kelly.

1 The Cadets 72.100 2 Carolina Crown 70.800 3 Phantom Regiment 68.300 4 The Cavaliers 67.300 5 Troopers

Last year's results at the same show, from corpsreps.com The Cavies ended up beating Phantom at finals, but the rest stayed the same. Placements are informative but not necessarily predictive, as always.

• Like 1

1 The Cadets 72.100 2 Carolina Crown 70.800 3 Phantom Regiment 68.300 4 The Cavaliers 67.300 5 Troopers

Last year's results at the same show, from corpsreps.com The Cavies ended up beating Phantom at finals, but the rest stayed the same. Placements are informative but not necessarily predictive, as always.

interesting to look back

I think a lot of us were surprised Crown didn't win the premier, especially after all the pre season hype and getting to see their terrific preview

So more of an "upset" last year than possible this year as none of these Indy corps won the Championship prior year. Akin to if BD were there tonight and someone upset them. Well, close - as BD is BD..