Indy "opening" contest

Of those who are judging tonight, are there any who we know for sure have never judged a DCI show before, or perhaps haven't judged one in a few years? Just wondering.

Even though some of tonight's judges have been around for years, there are some on DCP who are still waiting for them to actually judge a show.

Second, I know there has been some discussion on new judges. Of those who are judging tonight, are there any who we know for sure have never judged a DCI show before, or perhaps haven't judged one in a few years? Just wondering.

The only name that I am certain IS NOT new is M. Anderson.

I am doubting my memory of who that is, not whether the person is credentialed, experienced, and capable. Someone else might refresh my memory. i know several persons who judge the marching arts with that surname, some known only by nicknames.

The others have been with the activity in previous seasons.

In fact, it might be great for some DCPer (Jeff Ream for instance) to post the master list of current DCI judges so your question will not be required for each and every contest this season. I never understood why DCI did not do this each year.

Two questions about the judging list.

First, is it true that they are going back to "GE Visual" and "GE Music" on the judging sheets instead of "GE 1" and "GE 2"? Seems weird that they would bring those back after one season.

Second, I know there has been some discussion on new judges. Of those who are judging tonight, are there any who we know for sure have never judged a DCI show before, or perhaps haven't judged one in a few years? Just wondering.

The new judge was given the scores for tonight's show already.

The only name that I am certain IS NOT new is M. Anderson.

I am doubting my memory of who that is, not whether the person is credentialed, experienced, and capable. Someone else might refresh my memory. i know several persons who judge the marching arts with that surname, some known only by nicknames.

The others have been with the activity in previous seasons.

In fact, it might be great for some DCPer (Jeff Ream for instance) to post the master list of current DCI judges so your question will not be required for each and every contest this season. I never understood why DCI did not do this each year.

sure. as soon as you send it to me, i'll post it

Unfortunately I work 5-10 but as soon as I get home I will check this thread! Hoping for Bluecoats to win and for someone to post a video of their show!

• Like 1