Indy "opening" contest

At Merchants Walk Cinemas in Marietta, GA. About a dozen here so far, but it's still early.

In past years (same theater) we've had 100-200.

Me too

Finally here in a theater. Wearing an SCV jacket because its cold and the only thing for any corps performing today is a shirt (bluecoats, unmasqued) which i have underneath.

Isn't it better than drum corps on a laptop? :) I really want to go but unfortunately none of my friends are as drum corps obsessed as I am and I'd rather not go there alone

I went alone, ive even gone to live shows alone.

My friends live on the other side of the state.

There's someone called NoiseFloor who looks to be in the sound room in Lucas Oil. He's still broadcasting now but before he was showing the warm up room in Lucas Oil where a bunch of props were being assembled. My guess is that the props were for the Blue Stars since I can't think of any other corps using them (maybe Bluecoats).

I predict that in the visual and guard subcaptions, we will see Madison behind in performance,

but further ahead in content analysis.....FINALLY! That could mean huge growth over the course

of the summer, even if they are a couple points back from the rest of the pack tonight.

The last several years, they've started out strong compared to those around them,

but then when those Corps started cleaning by around Minneapolis, boom, Scouts started falling

behind due to less content and general effect in those 2 areas (and those are pretty big captions these days)

As far as Marie Czapinksi, yeah, I've heard the ole' "Chops never forgets" stories...don't know

how true they are. But even if they were somewhat true back in the say, looking at subcaptions from

the past several seasons, I don't see much evidence of any type of bias or animosity from her toward

the Scouts anymore...if there was any to start with.