2016 Prediction Thread

I like the Crossmen, I've just heard more from the corps I put above them. My predictions will be updated after San Antonio

A prediction 5 weeks into the season with 3 weeks to go (one of which is in Indy for Natl's.), doesn't seem to be much of a prediction.

A prediction 5 weeks into the season with 3 weeks to go (one of which is in Indy for Natl's.), doesn't seem to be much of a prediction.

It absolutely is a prediction. Using data to project results of a future event? Sounds like prediction to me.

Talent didn't stop Phantom regiment from falling to 9th place in 2009 after winning the DCI championship in 2008.

Cappy makes a great point.

1. Bluecoats It’s time

Carolina Crown Great staff, always intriguing

Blue Devils Still a medalist, always the bar to rise above

Blue Knights Clearly, more blue is needed at the top

Cadets Show design continues to age and/ or have been seen at BOA before

Cavaliers Incredible visual staff upgrade, can the corps keep up?

Vanguard Will be better than those below them

Boston Crusaders Improving talent will be the key

Blue Stars “from the land of sky blue waters…..”

Crossmen original music won’t really matter either way

Phantom Regiment fading….fading…..new staff won’t get a break

Troopers Controversial new look actually improves visual scores

Madison Scouts slipping out again

Oregon Crusaders So tough to crack the top 12

Academy see above

Spirit of Atlanta this makes me a bit sad

Colt 45’s because I am old school

Lots of shifts at the end season. Absolutely a prediction.

I'll get to see Crossmen live on the 25th... Honestly have NO idea what to expect. Could be great, could be boring garbage. We just don't know haha

Wow. Crossmen in 14th? You know they had 1000 applicants these year, don't you?

So saying they have more auditionees than BD or cadets then they should win a championship? That could be 900 high school kids with no corps experience compared to a group with say 300 auditionees with 200 in college and experience. I myself like markworths writing but can't stand their visual package. Could see them dropping. Edited by BlueStainGlass

I have some non placement predictions.

So last year, I'd argue in the 6th to 12th place grouping, only 2 of those 7 corps had a good year. Madison Scouts and Blue Knights. Phantom remained stagnant with a corps way over performing a show that wasn't what the members deserved. Cavaliers show had thematic weaknesses that bled into the quality of the book for each section and the sickness they dealt with the latter part of the season plummeting them. Boston Crusaders finished in the same place as 2014, but that was after starting VERY slow out the gate getting beat by the corps below them down to Troopers. Blue Stars ran into some serious visual design and performance troubles in the mid to late season, plaguing them with rewrite after rewrite, not allowing the show to really blossom and ever get clean. Crossmen didn't really improve or get worse. Great performance, mixed reviews on the show.

That made it pretty easy for Madison with a clear, simple, concise, balanced show pefrormed incredibly well, and Blue Knights unique style and continually maturing corps to shoot up pretty far pretty fast. Not downplaying their placements, but when all your direct competition is having struggles, it created the gap and they both took it.

I do not think that will remain the case at all again. I think that this grouping is going to put up a lot more of a fight and make it harder to maintain their 6th and 8th placements respectively. Not saying they won't, but I think that these corps will put up much more of a fight.

Corps I think are poised to improve over 2015:

Cavaliers - Camp reports solidify what I think. They are turning a new page with some great staff additions and advisors and a show theme that is already much clearer than 2015. Show seems much more mature and their source music is strong. They have all the ingredients. Let's see what they come up with.

Boston Crusaders - They made some pretty hefty staff additions in the design and creative department. Paired with a show announcement that seems incredibly creative, well thought out, and very unique, and you get a show that I have a really good gut feeling about.

Blue Stars - Cleaned house visually and replaced them with people that have proven success. Kevin Ford back is great. Fixed the biggest issue from last year staff wise. And what I've heard of the brass line has fixed the biggest complaint people seemed to have on here. Percussion is ridiculously good this year, FULL of vets. Guard can score incredibly high if they get clean. I've seen about half the show, and what I've see is way stronger than last year. Undeniably.

As far as Phantom Regiment and Crossmen are concerned, honestly haven't heard or know a lot. Phantom has nice music and a very talented membership. Show is what it comes down to for them. If it's really good, they could shoot up fast. Crossmen, I'm cautious on the all original approach. They have copious amounts of talent and are really strong in guard and overall visual, just need a really exciting show.

So my prediction is that Cavaliers, Boston Crusaders, and Blue Stars all have way better seasons, making the 6th - 12th battle a lot more exciting in 2016. I think some corps only have their eyes forward, when the objects behind them could be a lot closer than they appear.

I seriously doubt only 2/7 corps have a strong season in the 6th - 12th grouping again.

• Like 3

I have some non placement predictions.

So last year, I'd argue in the 6th to 12th place grouping, only 2 of those 7 corps had a good year. Madison Scouts and Blue Knights. Phantom remained stagnant with a corps way over performing a show that wasn't what the members deserved. Cavaliers show had thematic weaknesses that bled into the quality of the book for each section and the sickness they dealt with the latter part of the season plummeting them. Boston Crusaders finished in the same place as 2014, but that was after starting VERY slow out the gate getting beat by the corps below them down to Troopers. Blue Stars ran into some serious visual design and performance troubles in the mid to late season, plaguing them with rewrite after rewrite, not allowing the show to really blossom and ever get clean. Crossmen didn't really improve or get worse. Great performance, mixed reviews on the show.

That made it pretty easy for Madison with a clear, simple, concise, balanced show pefrormed incredibly well, and Blue Knights unique style and continually maturing corps to shoot up pretty far pretty fast. Not downplaying their placements, but when all your direct competition is having struggles, it created the gap and they both took it.

I do not think that will remain the case at all again. I think that this grouping is going to put up a lot more of a fight and make it harder to maintain their 6th and 8th placements respectively. Not saying they won't, but I think that these corps will put up much more of a fight.

Corps I think are poised to improve over 2015:

Cavaliers - Camp reports solidify what I think. They are turning a new page with some great staff additions and advisors and a show theme that is already much clearer than 2015. Show seems much more mature and their source music is strong. They have all the ingredients. Let's see what they come up with.

Boston Crusaders - They made some pretty hefty staff additions in the design and creative department. Paired with a show announcement that seems incredibly creative, well thought out, and very unique, and you get a show that I have a really good gut feeling about.

Blue Stars - Cleaned house visually and replaced them with people that have proven success. Kevin Ford back is great. Fixed the biggest issue from last year staff wise. And what I've heard of the brass line has fixed the biggest complaint people seemed to have on here. Percussion is ridiculously good this year, FULL of vets. Guard can score incredibly high if they get clean. I've seen about half the show, and what I've see is way stronger than last year. Undeniably.

As far as Phantom Regiment and Crossmen are concerned, honestly haven't heard or know a lot. Phantom has nice music and a very talented membership. Show is what it comes down to for them. If it's really good, they could shoot up fast. Crossmen, I'm cautious on the all original approach. They have copious amounts of talent and are really strong in guard and overall visual, just need a really exciting show.

So my prediction is that Cavaliers, Boston Crusaders, and Blue Stars all have way better seasons, making the 6th - 12th battle a lot more exciting in 2016. I think some corps only have their eyes forward, when the objects behind them could be a lot closer than they appear.

I seriously doubt only 2/7 corps have a strong season in the 6th - 12th grouping again.

While the product shown at Music in the Park is always a lot tougher than the final product, I think it'll give us a good idea of what kind of year Phantom will have. I'm looking forward to seeing a video tonight or tomorrow!

Pretty sure Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats and Blue Devils are going to be in the Top 4.

After that. I don't know.