OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Clean Rehearsals And Performance - you got that right!

Literally rofl (I'm laying on the floor; beer). I was wondering I'd see you aroud here.

I hope this finally gets the message across to Crown that their decade-long strategy of hiring older, retired percussion staff who've been out of the activity for a while isn't going to work. As long as they keep trying to fix percussion with "safe" people (Beddis, then Hannum, then Aungst), they flat out won't be attracting the talent that they need. Clean the whole staff out and get someone fresh if you want to have any hope here, Crown.

Maybe it's just me, but the drumline wasn't Crown's percussion problem this year.........

• Like 2

I think the real story is don't change horses(costumes) in mid stream.

Or maybe "clean vis. and try to make sure percussion has a better run."

Saying stuff like "Cadets were winning before uniform change" is not really a true cause/effect analysis. Given that corps are still cleaning right up to Finals week, it might be more probably that other corps Cadets were beating earlier just got cleaner than Cadets down the stretch. Blue Devils, Crown, Bluecoats all have black pants and had no problems achieving Top 3, so I don't think it's logical to place blame on uniform changes

I hope this finally gets the message across to Crown that their decade-long strategy of hiring older, retired percussion staff who've been out of the activity for a while isn't going to work. As long as they keep trying to fix percussion with "safe" people (Beddis, then Hannum, then Aungst), they flat out won't be attracting the talent that they need. Clean the whole staff out and get someone fresh if you want to have any hope here, Crown.

Give them time. Aungst just joined. BD is successful because of consistency. Crown can't do that if they keep cleaning staff every few years.

• Like 3

Drunk Fan Theory #1: Crown lost due to the cockiness behind the switch to the gold fabric at the end of the show.

(Blue and black > White and gold)

(Still. STILL!)

• Like 2

UNBELIEVABLE NIGHT!!

Congrats BD for #17!

Crown, your show may not have taken home the gold, but it was absolutely fantastic!

Great job again Bluecoats for overtaking Cadets.

FANTASTIC JOB CADETS FOR TAKING THE OTT!!!!

See you guys next year.

you, young man, are ALWAYS a class act!

• Like 2

So we now have a ten year old DCI World Champion (and high caption winner)!!

So, what's she going to do next year to top that? :tounge2:

And can you IMAGINE when she goes back to 5th grade this year, what she is going to read to the class from her assigned paper, "what I did this summer." :biggrin:

Clara: "A week ago I was half-way across the country in Indianapolis and performed for 22,000 people in the Lucas Oil Stadium on my way to winning my first DCI World Championship."

Teacher: "Oh, that's nice dear. So you were in a band..."

:doh:

But if you saw the BD 360 video with her interview, you already know she is so cute, so intelligent and so articulate. I can already hear her answer to the teacher:

Clara: Yes, mam. :smile:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/163098-clara-from-blue-devils-ink/

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

I'm disappointed that crown did not win guard. I am wondering if the judging panel consisted of people with alleged biases.

Please see post 17 of this thread. You may continue now lol. Go BD!!!

Honestly I liked the Cadets the most tonight. I really thought they had won it. Their pit is amazing!

Dillan the drum set drummer for BD is getting signed to Pro Mark.

• Like 2