OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Jay Kennedy had BD a clse second, only .1 behind Crown, in Music Analysis. MA has been a very tough caption for BD all season ... and Kennedy had them fifth in this caption earlier in the season. That is a big difference-maker tonight

Kennedy had it right tonite, imo... unfortunately, Crown's critcal flugel solo did not come out as designed and planned. and Kennedy justifiably took note of that.

Crown's percussion had an off nite... especially on snare... even Dennis DeLucia ( a drum guy) noticed it.

BD added the little girl , but their show was still Into the Woods and about SEX.

And just what do you suppose Crown was doing writhing around under all that red, Huuuuuh?

For all the crap the judges get on here, I think they called it exactly right this week. Crown had the best performance of the night during Semis and BD had the best performance tonight. You can make a convincing argument that Crown had the better season, but the Gold medal goes to the best performance at finals ... which was BD.

• Like 5

On the one hand, everyone was so close all season, none of the results should be surprising. I did feel for Crown. I thought they had a better run, but I had internet issues during Blue Devils performance and Crown was clearer than anyone all night (Verizon customers in my area are having internet issues. This is not a DCI issue) so I can't totally judge by what I saw.

However, Steve Rondinaro, Dennis DeLuca, and Will Pitts did not agree with BD winning. They did try to take the high road, but it was anything but a ringing endorsement.

I suppose it feels like 1980 again. I was sitting in the den at my family home watching DCI on PBS, between junior and senior year of high school. I thought 27th would win, so did Steve Rondinaro for that matter. George Zingali was interviewed, he was all but jumping up and down after the performance. WGBH was having s pledge drive. The people collecting pledges were cheering and crying for joy (27th parents manned the phones). We expected victory. Blue Devils won. Not sure if the conclusion is anything can happen, or if I predict you to win 1st in finals and I think you deserve it, you'll probably come in 2nd.