OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

You'd have to imagine that if the percussion were stronger, Music Analysis would also go up, though. The percussion section has cost this corps big time in the last few years. And not for lack of talent - it's a design and instruction issue. Time for a change? Probably. Just my $.02.

It may not have made a difference - BD jumped a half a point in that caption alone over the course of Prelims > Semis > Finals.

Don't worry BD haters, Rome couldn't keep their empire forever and nor can BD, they will have another lull again like they had in the 80's/90's and early 2000's. Even the NY Yankees had a stretch of bad seasons. It is bound to happen again.

On a different note,

I actually like this BD show more than a few their others recently, more so if I kept my eyes closed, but it's nowhere near my favorite. I still can't stand the guard costumes and the abundance of props...just too busy to my eye. I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to props--I come from the less is more background, and for that I applaud Crown and especially BK.

• Like 1

Question, if the Cadets did not make any major changes to their show, do you believe that they would have medal? Earlier in the season, they were on fire. Seems to me, imo that a lot of those major changes and over thinking it may have cost them.

*last sentence is just my personal opinion.

Don't worry BD haters, Rome couldn't keep their empire forever and nor can BD, they will have another lull again like they had in the 80's/90's and early 2000's. Even the NY Yankees had a stretch of bad seasons. It is bound to happen again.

On a different note,

I actually like this BD show more than a few their others recently, more so if I kept my eyes closed, but it's nowhere near my favorite. I still can't stand the guard costumes and the abundance of props...just too busy to my eye. I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to props--I come from the less is more background, and for that I applaud Crown and especially BK.

BD won a title, three silvers, and a bronze from 2000-2004. If that's a lull than i want that all day.

At least we know who should have won.

Yes, Pioneer! They were jipped without their late performance time in quarters :silly:. In all seriousness, great season for that corp to build on.

...AND now back to our typical BD/Crown bashing festivities

Yeah....but a "lull" for BD is a screaming success for most other corps!

Boston came a long way back from the start of the season to lock in 10th ( they've never finished out of the top 10 since 1999) and their 9th place in brass topped Cavaliers. Boston's brass line section improved leaps and bounds from when I first heard them back in their first week of the summer competition season. Hope to see them build on this.

• Like 1

Question, if the Cadets did not make any major changes to their show, do you believe that they would have medal? Earlier in the season, they were on fire. Seems to me, imo that a lot of those major changes and over thinking it may have cost them.

*last sentence is just my personal opinion.

Honestly? No. They last beat Devils and Crown in San Antonio, and were a 3rd place corps after that until Finals week. I was pretty sure they'd fade and Bluecoats would pass them, but they held on longer than I thought they would. It's just one of those things...I think that in the end, the black uniforms didn't help or hinder their numbers.

Great #### brass line though.