OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Here's my advice; in the off-season, upgrade that old slow computer of yours with the crappy sound card, get some decent high-speed internet, and invest in a 4K 70" TV. Oh yeah, you'll need a 5.1 surround sound system with some large Klipsch horn-driven speakers (the secret to LOUD without distortion) and you will NOT be complaining about that $99 for DCI Live next year!:

Eh, skip those blary Klipschs and invest in some Vandersteens, baby! 😄

• Like 2

At least we know who should have won.

I agree. I really thought Colts had this one in the bag. Loved that radio play theme.

• Like 2

I agree. I really thought Colts had this one in the bag. Loved that radio play theme.

But really! I thought they'd make finals. ):

What impressed me about crown this year was that they had one of the the most traditional shows this year. No major props. Just two huge fabrics. And they were still able to compete in GE among the top corps. BD's use of white props is getting old. Every year their show sounds and looks similar. Nothing refreshingly new. I think Bluecoats found their identity and so did Blue Knights and Carolina Crown. They know what works best for them. hmm...im curious how many years bd has been using white props...

I can see the use of white props being repeated, but the music from this year and last year are so very different from Blue Devils. I do not thing they sound at all alike except for the Gordon Goodwin pieces had the same feel to me.

Edited by jmc5682

Salt flowing everywhere tonight. Very tame and cordial here though! :)

• Like 1