OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

To Dave Fowler, a cymbal player with the 1984 Cadets: "YOU HAVE MY RING!!!!!"

A Classic, timeless Signorelli moment! :laugh:

Thanks for putting that in BLUE, Dave!

And here's something else...one of BD's snares this year was Alan Aungst....ans his father ALSO HAS MY RING!

Irony, thy name is drum corps!

• Like 1

A huge congratulations goes out to everyone that performed. This was an amazing season that went back and forth. We all may not agree with scores, but you do have to admit, that this is probably a season you will never forget. The only real losers after finals are us. It sad to see the season end. I wish there was one more week. But with the season ending, I am looking forward to next year to see what everyone brings to the table.

p.s. Congrats Scott Chandler, the BDCG Staff, BDCG, and Clara on an amazing season. Also congrats to CCCG. You gave BDCG a run for their money. Looking forward to next season.

• Like 1

Is this the first time we have had a Champion that didn't win a regional? And i believe it's first time BD came from behind to win from semis to finals. Great job BD!!

• Like 1

Re: Bluecoats: How about Roger Carter and company. They got 2nd in percussion in back to back years I believe. To me the most entertaining line to watch (especially in the lot) and love the book that Tom Rarick writes. Kudos to the whole staff and the Bluecoats.

• Like 4

Question, if the Cadets did not make any major changes to their show, do you believe that they would have medal? Earlier in the season, they were on fire. Seems to me, imo that a lot of those major changes and over thinking it may have cost them.

I don't think the Cadets could just stand pat, not make seasonal changes, and then medal. Cadets made changes. They just were not enough. Did they peak too early ? Hard to tell. They might have. But the show design changes others made seemed to give the 3 others just a little more the last 2 weeks.

I'm just excited for next season to see what everyone comes up with.

To Crown, Fabulous season and 2nd is nothing to be ashamed of...even if it is BD :silly: . Seriously though, Crown will win more championships if they keep this consistency up. Cavies had a nice run in the 2000's. All you have to do is stay at the top and you'll have a shot more often than not, odds are you'll win some...unless you're like the Buffalo Bills....

• Like 1

Is this the first time we have had a Champion that didn't win a regional? And i believe it's first time BD came from behind to win from semis to finals.

Yes. there was a penalty involved ( but its part of the scoring ):.. no Corps has gone from 4th in the Quarters to win a DCI Title outright ( no ties ) in a 3 show competition ( quarters, semi's, finals ) in the history of DCI.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

YEAH! All the talk will be on the top. Well deserved. They have some decision making to do in the visual and visual design department though. Overall, not bad though.

IMO clean some house...

seems like a lot of problems for groups today were visual judging from feet. I wasn't high enough for form and wasn't centered enough for music. Actually surprised by the amount of foot phasing. But in the end it was worth it. Good night with great drum corps!

Yes. there was a penalty involved ( but its part of the scoring ):.. no Corps has gone from 4th in the Quarters to win a DCI Title outright ( no ties ) in a 3 show competition ( quarters, semi's, finals ) in the history of DCI. BD is also the first Corps to win a DCI TItle without winning a Regional in the summer's competition

The Madison Scouts didn't win a regional in 1988. Older system, but still...

• Like 1