Cadets 2016

Tobias

Post from Hop on Facebook:

Quick Post ...

Pandemonium and Peace

Last night at 2:20 am, inside the motor coach, Marc Sylvester woke 5 of us with a scream. " Hello ..... WAKE up "

I leaped up. I could not see. There was smoke everywhere

It turned out that Colin had tossed his gear up on top of the stove and somehow the pressure had clicked on the stovetop.

His one bag was in full flame and the other was melting and smoldering

Quickly, the fire was out, the windows open, and we were out the door.

About an hour later we had cleaned up, made sure the power to the stove was off ( we never use it) and we were back asleep.

But if Marc had not come into the bus at that point ...

It's not lost on me what could have happened.

I think all involved ere still a little jittery this AM.

This morning, after dreams about the corps and the corps and money needs and the corps and the corps and money needs ...

I went for a shower.

It was quiet. No one was there except for one young man.

And as he prepared for the day, he was playing the peaceful strains of a symphonic composition.

The peace and tranquility was mesmerizing.

I have done nothing but work and sleep for weeks. In many ways, this has been the most difficult summer of the many I have experienced. Or perhaps it just feels like that inside the middle of it?

Anyway as the hot water streamed down ( YES ... HOT) .. I just listened. And I could feel my entire person slow and settle.

It was wonderful.

As I dressed and reached into my bag for a comb ....

i came to a new and totally different realization.

My shampoo had exploded and every toiletry I owed was covered in goo

And that ... was the moment of tranquility

Rest assured I smiled, cleaned up

and headed for the bus. Grateful, to be alive.

And thrilled to be where I am.

GO Cadets!!!!!

• Like 4

Thoughts:

1. Guard run seemed rough but I think more of wet equipment than them.

2. Not a huge fan of some of the electronics filler in show but not a deal breaker for me.

3. I do like that they've replaced so much of the scatter stuff they had early season with drill.

4. I do think that front stage is history. Everyone has been written off it so far except the French horns, even the guard flag feature at end of opener is off.

5. Closer- I did not like the old music at all and do like the tie in with the rest of the show with the new version. Visually, I didn't like the old ending so this seems a better resolution to me. Adonis running over to human podium, maybe cliche, but we know what's going on. Hopefully they get some practice in to clean up a bit more.

6. This Cadets certainly WONT peak early...

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

You're forgiven. Just become a part of the conversation. Constructive criticism or compliments, it's all good. Just being insulting doesn't really help the conversation or win fans. Obviously there are design issues with the program, seems like they are working hard to try and improve the show. Sounds like good work ethic and drum corps to me.

Thank you. I know not everyone feels the same way as the next person. I love the Cadets too, maybe not so much this season, but I digress. It is unfortunate, but with a shorter season and outrageous programming designs being produced, the season can end pretty much how it started. Placements will become more transparent after this weekend when Crown, Bloo, SCV, BK and Cavaliers are added to the mix. My best for the Cadets. Respectfully.

• Like 1

I kinda like this new ending.

If you don't like the new ending, just be glad there are no tarps of random people on the field.

• Like 2

Reading Hop is like reading Dylan sometimes.

It's so strange. His speaking style and writing style are like night and day. I can't even believe it's the same person.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

If you don't like the new ending, just be glad there are no tarps of random people on the field.

And No Voice!!!!!

• Like 2