Cadets 2016

Tobias

the name change is ridiculous. Awakening is perfect. Most of the changes they've been making have been smart, but the name change (and the huge synth moment going into the final wedge push) are ridiculous. They are reworking the end music of the show this week so hopefully at least that odd electronic moment that complete interrupts the musical flow (and ruins that biggest moment in the entire production) will vanish

Are we sure the gentleman in the press box didn't simply misspeak? I sure hope that's all it is. I agree with your assessment if not.

:shutup:

I really dislike the name change. It's like Crown's show being called "basic revenge spaghetti western" or bluecoats being called "slides"

the name change is ridiculous. Awakening is perfect. Most of the changes they've been making have been smart, but the name change (and the huge synth moment going into the final wedge push) are ridiculous. They are reworking the end music of the show this week so hopefully at least that odd electronic moment that complete interrupts the musical flow (and ruins that biggest moment in the entire production) will vanish

I agree with both of you. I think the name should have been left at "Stoned".

• Like 1

Here's hoping they change it back to "Awakening" before the end of the season!

Before they get back to "Awakening", though, it will be changed to "Holy Statues Awakening" then "Garfields of Rome" then "Statues of Bergen County" and then "Statutes of Hibernation".

• Like 4

Before they get back to "Awakening", though, it will be changed to "Holy Statues Awakening" then "Garfields of Rome" then "Statues of Bergen County" and then "Statutes of Hibernation".

We Are The Future...Statues

• Like 1

Same argument as "too many notes". Anyone who's actually watched Crown's guard would recognize the variety and the demand. Variety is hardly a weakness. (unless you count really poorly executed rhythmic gymnastics skills -- yeah they don't do that). And I've never seen a Crownguard performer break at finals and take literally 30 seconds to get back in.

As for why the BD guard has won 8 straight Zingalis -- well I won't comment but there is a reason and it's pretty clear to those who know where to look.

Sorry Cadets fans -- I'll leave this topic for another day. But I could not let the "variety" fallacy go unchallenged.

Could you tell me where to look?

• Like 1

Same argument as "too many notes". Anyone who's actually watched Crown's guard would recognize the variety and the demand. Variety is hardly a weakness. (unless you count really poorly executed rhythmic gymnastics skills -- yeah they don't do that). And I've never seen a Crownguard performer break at finals and take literally 30 seconds to get back in.

As for why the BD guard has won 8 straight Zingalis -- well I won't comment but there is a reason and it's pretty clear to those who know where to look.

Sorry Cadets fans -- I'll leave this topic for another day. But I could not let the "variety" fallacy go unchallenged.

As someone who knows literally nothing about guard, I'm interested to hear your reason for why BD has won 8 Zingalis.

It sounds like you're throwing some shade, and I simply "could not let it go unchallenged."

• Like 2