Oh, I can think of LOTS of pitch bend shows in my 50+ years seeing drum corps, only most of the time it was not intentional. :augen51:

Speaking of more and better pitch bend, current NY Yankees Pitcher, Michael Pineada is looking for it as we speak. Its intentional on his behalf.

Edited by BRASSO

Cavs '08 is awesome, however there are some strong similarities to The Last Samurai soundtrack by Hans Zimmer...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLktKYXctU4jqbOwevp8ZKtGfqRwA41-n

Not sure that you could say that show was completely original though.

You know that The Last Samurai was some of the source ideas for the show, right?

You know that The Last Samurai was some of the source ideas for the show, right?

Understood, but using the same melodic themes as the OST can't be labeled as original composition. That's all I'm saying.

Does anyone know where Crossmen are doing Spring Training this year? Their website shows that their preview performance is at Heroes stadium this year, a few miles down the road from the Blossom Athletic Center complex where they've been the last several years. Are they rehearsing at Heroes every day? Or, is it just the Preview? My now 5-year old and I have a ritual of checking out at least a few evening rehearsals, and we don't want to miss them.

They will be rehearsing at both Blossom and Heroes but will be using Heroes stadium for ensemble.

Understood, but using the same melodic themes as the OST can't be labeled as original composition. That's all I'm saying.

I always wondered about that too. Just like Four Corners and Frameworks show stuff. Some of it was based on other people's stuff.

Eh, I don't know those rules.

Any inside knowledge on the direction they are going with this show? Leaves a lot of room for them to develop a concept, since it is original music by Markworth. Looking forward to this show with eager anticipation!!!!

• Like 2

Any inside knowledge on the direction they are going with this show?

Well, looking at their early schedule, I'd say they are headed North and East from Texas.

You're welcome.

Edited by MikeD

Well, looking at their early schedule, I'd say they are headed North and East from Texas.

You're welcome.

Fastball, down the middle of the plate... Davis hits it out of the park!!! :tongue:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Recently watched rehearsal. It is going to be a fun year. Music is enjoyable. Drill is really consistent w the music. Can't wait to see it mature. The staff and kids are highly motivated.

Any inside knowledge on the direction they are going with this show? Leaves a lot of room for them to develop a concept, since it is original music by Markworth. Looking forward to this show with eager anticipation!!!!

Gonna be a FUN YEAR<<<

CANT WAIT

CHEZ