DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Has DCI thrown out the tradition of releasing semis scores one at a time as they come in?

I think for the past several years they released scores in "clumps" for lack of a better word right now (need more coffee!). Though in the past they have been released with a little more frequency during the show. Don't know why the long delay last night.

Judges
Ge1: Ted Wemhoff
Ge1: Michael Stone
Ge2: Nola Jones
Ge2: Darrin Davis
Vp: Michael Turner
Va: Sal Adamo
Cg: Michael Thompson
Brs: Paul Mcgarr
Ma: Dave Carbone
Perc: Al Dunn
Perc: Jeffery Ausdemore

It's interesting to note that both Nola Jones an Darrin Davis judged the exact same caption in semis last year. You can look up their scores. They put the Crossmen(12th overall) in 13th, while the other two GE judges put them in 11th and 12th. They put last year's Academy in 14th, while the other two judges put them in 16th and 15th.

Ugh. An hour and a half till scores are announced...

Yes, Too #### long!!

Just a note: tonight will be the final performance EVER by the Bridgemen alumni. That's why they're performing in that slot. The other two activities are for the benefit of the MM and are a new tradition as of a couple of years ago. It won't kill us to wait a little longer for scores while DCI showers some attention on the people who are actually participating.

• Like 4

With tonight's panel, I expect a tightening of the top 3. Crown overtakes BD tonight. One-half point spread will separate the top 3.

I'm guessing nobody moves up or down from where they are right now. Last night's top 12 will probably be the top 12 - in exactly the same order.

• Like 1

It's interesting to note that both Nola Jones an Darrin Davis judged the exact same caption in semis last year. You can look up their scores. They put the Crossmen(12th overall) in 13th, while the other two GE judges put them in 11th and 12th. They put last year's Academy in 14th, while the other two judges put them in 16th and 15th.

So, we should not be surprised if Academy passes Crossmen tonight? Looks like most judges tonight have favored Academy over Crossmen in the past.

Finals is another day.

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1

So, we should not be surprised if Academy passes Crossmen tonight? Looks like most judges tonight have favored Academy over Crossmen in the past.

Finals is another day.

I would hope not. As good as academy is the Crossmen are another level up.

• Like 2

I would hope not. As good as academy is the Crossmen are another level up.

Not sure if I agree with that. All bias aside, I really do think the Academy has the better show this year. Not to say they will beat the Crossmen, it's just an opinion.