2016 DCI World Championship Finals - 8/13/2016

Would crown have won if their percussion were more competitive?

If Crown Percussion would have scored 19.6 in percussion, the total score would have been 97.55, that would have put them very close to the Bluecoats. Who knows how that would have affect the other captions. Its possible. I know they brought in Tom Aungst a few years ago, and it seemed they were killing it early in the season got over taken. The question is why does this keep happening with this program year after year. They had it going with Lee Beddis. Its just too bad. Bloo and SCV, how close was that. Wow. Good for SCV for bringing the drum trophy home.

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 1

Congrats Bluecoats!!!! Welcome to the Gold Medal Club!

Congrats BD!!! First ones to congratulate Crown in 2013 and tonite with Bluecoats. Thank you!

And congrats Crown!!! 3 caption awards -- well deserved. And another unforgettable show!

• Like 2

I have to say listening to lots tonight was amazing and I have to say BD are classy. After cadets played rocky point they cheered for them and as watchers we got personally invited inside their circle. Talking to John Meehan and Gino tonight was awesome.

Name dropper!

If Crown Percussion would have scored 19.6 in percussion, the total score would have been 97.55, that would have put them very close to the Bluecoats. Who knows how that would have affect the other captions. Its possible. I know they brought in Tom Aungst a few years ago, and it seemed they were killing it early in the season got over taken. The question is why does this keep happening with this program year after year. They had it going with Lee Beddis. Its just too bad. Bloo and SCV, how close was that. Wow. Good for SCV for bringing the trophy home.

If you flip Crown/BD Guard scores for Finals (which would be similar to Prelims, if I'm reading right), they wedges them into second (and probably puts them first in your scenario).

Blue Devils should have won, Bluecoats had a really unclean run. GE scores are inflated a bit for coats.

Come on now. I would have loved if BD won but Bloo deserved this. They were amazing.

If you have complaints about DCi this year, go pound sand. I saw all of the world class corps live, and the OC corps that made semis, and all had great things going on. The top 3....recap is all over the place, and all tight. All 3 corps incredible, and SCV, yay for Sanford! Props to Sadie for fighting to stay awake til the last score and making it, Kyle and Jay for great seasons on tour, friends teching, and a huge shout out to Academy for their first time in and to all off the alumni, especially the friends who marched and taught the Bluecoats I know since Larry chartered that first bus that left CV In the winter of 86. Outside of one idiot judge and his lack of awareness on the field, this was the best and most exciting season of DCI in my 40+ years of following it.

• Like 2

Blue Devils should have won, Bluecoats had a really unclean run. GE scores are inflated a bit for coats.

GE is what saved Bluecoats. One of the CA GE judges tried to pull a fast one and only had BD .1 down from Bluecoats. The other 3 GE judges cancelled him out.

Edited by 27Socal
  • Like 1

Did I do my math wrong, or should BD have won visual (better scores over the 3 nights), and Bluecoats music, instead of Crown? Did I miss something looking at the finally released recaps?