2017 Boston Crusaders

I can't speak for other alums....BUT I wore the Boston uniform when it looked like this below...Honestly I do NOT have a problem if Boston went to a Bluecoats/Crown type uniform...The Crusader spirit is a condition of the heart...It can be described as tough-mindedness and tireless motivation...A Boston Crusader is someone whose strong character enables them to make sacrifices for the team to achieve their long-term goals...To this end, if a uniform change is deemed necessary for the betterment of the group then I think it should occur IMO...

hqdefault.jpg

Look at 1976 77, 78. these years seem to be left out. These people are the people to get BAC over the hump. Buy the way all three year should of made the finals DCI. IMO

What ever. look at what BAC has done over the past several year's. Very interesting. Up scale production. What works for BC today will not work for BC in 2017. Yes I like them this year. Yes it was DCI midwest to win this year. DCI should look at Northeast for further growth

Look at 1976 77, 78. these years seem to be left out. These people are the people to get BAC over the hump. Buy the way all three year should of made the finals DCI. IMO

What are you trying to say?...I'm lost with your commentary...BTW...what years did you march Boston?

What are you trying to say?...I'm lost with your commentary...BTW...what years did you march Boston?

Just saying these years were the best coming out of their depression. Both marched and taught.

The fabric that makes up the Boston Crusaders is found invisibly on the inside of each BAC marcher. The fabric that is found visibly on the outside on each BAC marcher is a far distant second to any of that. That fabric is only cloth... and in time, it fades away. The former fabric however, never fades away.

I personally think the uniform they have now is their best ever, unless as some have said, they put a brighter red into the jacket. They look REALLY good, and, in my opinion, the old uniforms look a bit pedestrian. They didn't look bad! Just not much going on. (Not Crown or anything, just kind somrthing more exciting... like they have now!)

• Like 5

Serious, not trolly question:

How many BAC fans would complain/rebel if Boston went the Bluecoats/Crown uniform route? Brasso calls out the problem with "traditional" unis, which is with all the body movement, even a well designed jacket and shako become cumbersome.

As one of the three oldest corps and long on tradition (BAC, Cadets, Madison), would you have a major problem if Boston showed up on the field next year in a red and black "indoor" costume? With no shakos?

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe something like Cavies did where there's a more traditional uni (or elements) for parade and ceremonial use?

This is a genuine question--not trying to stir the pot.

I think one big question is will Bluecoats wear the same uniform next year? Bluecoats uniforms of the past would have been rather awkward with this past year's show, so we could see a return to the familiar next year for Bluecoats.

I think talk if a uniform change without knowing a show theme is premature at best. Personally I love BAC's red and black, and hope it does not change, at least as far as color scheme is concerned. If it does, I'll just share some thoughts regarding Crown. If you read most of my posts regarding Crown, you'll know I love their shows but have disliked their uniforms since 2012. Lesson here: when music is exceptional, show design great, and you get captured in the show, whether you like or dislike uniforms is a small matter. So if BAC produces a show I like, which given the fact I have enjoyed just about every show I've seen BAC perform for many years so it's highly likely I will be engaged next year, the uniforms will probably not matter after the initial shock.

• Like 1

I think one big question is will Bluecoats wear the same uniform next year? Bluecoats uniforms of the past would have been rather awkward with this past year's show, so we could see a return to the familiar next year for Bluecoats.

I think talk if a uniform change without knowing a show theme is premature at best. Personally I love BAC's red and black, and hope it does not change, at least as far as color scheme is concerned. If it does, I'll just share some thoughts regarding Crown. If you read most of my posts regarding Crown, you'll know I love their shows but have disliked their uniforms since 2012. Lesson here: when music is exceptional, show design great, and you get captured in the show, whether you like or dislike uniforms is a small matter. So if BAC produces a show I like, which given the fact I have enjoyed just about every show I've seen BAC perform for many years so it's highly likely I will be engaged next year, the uniforms will probably not matter after the initial shock.

Perhaps with new program director, new drill writer, and other changes there, Crown will back to being Team Cream.

• Like 1

Perhaps with new program director, new drill writer, and other changes there, Crown will back to being Team Cream.

I'm with Tim K here.. when it came to CC, lots to like with them, but their recent uniforms wern't one of them for me with CC. Oh well.

• Like 2

Regarding plumes. The exception is the drum major. I loved seeing BAC having a shorter drum major then other corps but longer profile in awards lineups l!