2017 Boston Crusaders

Yes , not just judges. sometimes its better to stay under the radar and let the improvement be a surprise but in this case it was a little hard. Like others who have had change or even last year as I said about Cadets a big ole microscope will be in use for sure and of course picked apart by many.

Well, Bluecoats wasn't under the radar, they were completely off it.

Cadets, on the other hand, showed their hand from Day 1, as they always do, and we all know how that turned out.

To me it really isn't about staying under or on the radar. It's having a nearly complete show design, with a cohesive show concept, from Day 1—literally. The idea that we'll just keep redesigning the show all season until we finally hit something is over. Thankfully.

• Like 1

Super Sleuth Investigating has finally found where Brasso has been banished for his over the top allegiance to his home team. Doesn't look like any computers available there. And it is way, way beyond 128!!!

photo0jpg.jpg

• Like 1

Well, Bluecoats wasn't under the radar, they were completely off it.

Cadets, on the other hand, showed their hand from Day 1, as they always do, and we all know how that turned out.

To me it really isn't about staying under or on the radar. It's having a nearly complete show design, with a cohesive show concept, from Day 1—literally. The idea that we'll just keep redesigning the show all season until we finally hit something is over. Thankfully.

Yup totally BUT you proved my point about BC and Cadets. You are totally right though

The thing is, even if you somehow put a mid-80s-point show on the field in early June, you will not score mid-80s. DCI now knows that you have to have "enough room" at the end of the season to differentiate between the scores when you get in the high 80s and 90s.

That is where I don't agree with how the scoring is done because it does lend credence to the self-fulfilling prophecy theorists (aka Slotting).

I've seen enough shows to be able to separate the good from the great. And I realize that the relative scoring system is the best of several imperfect options. But wow, the pressure really is on for corps to "bring it" from Day 1. The old "we clean better than anyone else" stuff literally only goes so far in DCI now. It appears you can't clean your way from sixth to third anymore.

I wonder whether Drum Corps Europe has this one right...there high score winner at finals didn't even break 90...The Company won with 89.85...

Super Sleuth Investigating has finally found where Brasso has been banished for his over the top allegiance to his home team. Doesn't look like any computers available there. And it is way, way beyond 128!!!

photo0jpg.jpg

Talked with BRASSO last night on YouTube...he is doing just fine...and not here by choice at the moment...

Yup totally BUT you proved my point about BC and Cadets. You are totally right though

It can cut both ways though as I'm sure you know...

The thing is, even if you somehow put a mid-80s-point show on the field in early June, you will not score mid-80s. DCI now knows that you have to have "enough room" at the end of the season to differentiate between the scores when you get in the high 80s and 90s.

That is where I don't agree with how the scoring is done because it does lend credence to the self-fulfilling prophecy theorists (aka Slotting).

I've seen enough shows to be able to separate the good from the great. And I realize that the relative scoring system is the best of several imperfect options. But wow, the pressure really is on for corps to "bring it" from Day 1. The old "we clean better than anyone else" stuff literally only goes so far in DCI now. It appears you can't clean your way from sixth to third anymore.

You need to establish your neighborhood right out of the gate. There's a lot of fluidity in neighborhoods but it rapidly becomes harder to move up to the next grouping as the season progresses. It happens however. Just this past year BK moved up a grouping.

• Like 1

You need to establish your neighborhood right out of the gate. There's a lot of fluidity in neighborhoods but it rapidly becomes harder to move up to the next grouping as the season progresses. It happens however. Just this past year BK moved up a grouping.

I definitely agree with this for sure...it almost seems that those neighborhoods are in that group of 3 thing they pull for regional competitions...well maybe with a outlier or two...