Carolina Crown 2017

5 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

I have yet to find this crown in the opener and I've watched practically every video I could find of them since the preview show.

posted from the DrumScorps app

It's not the traditional Crown we're used to but hey, I call it the Sacktig Crown.

Edited by turntpapa

7 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

Nope, I didn't. my interest in The Cadets left after the 2007 season. They used to be one of my top 3 favorites. I just find their shows boring anymore. Personal preference I guess.

Point I'm trying to make here is that you're highly underestimating the amount of backlash the Cadets received over their uniforms 

3 hours ago, cowtown said:

Why do we care about him? Is he the darling of the band world, why?  I poked around his site, listened to some stuff and it seems like the sort of stuff only music educators or music majors would listen too but as an ‘oh this is interesting’ kind of thing. It doesn’t rock me and I don’t see the greater market and this is the fourth run at that song in 2 years so I figure some band or guard used it and others are jumping on

You can thank the Bluecoats, who introduced the drum corps world to him when they used his "to wALk Or ruN in wEst harlem" in their 2014 show.

And a Crown will work for this particular show in what way? That's like expecting/demanding the Cadets to end every season in a classic Zpull. I'll let the designers who've worked on this project since sept/oct decide.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tobias said:

And a Crown will work for this particular show in what way? That's like expecting/demanding the Cadets to end every season in a classic Zpull. I'll let the designers who've worked on this project since sept/oct decide.

How did a Crown work last year? How did it work in Inferno? In OOTW? E = mc2? 

The crown doesn't work in really most of the shows that Crown does, but it's a highly anticipated and loved feature of their shows regardless 

37 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

I have yet to find this crown in the opener and I've watched practically every video I could find of them since the preview show.

It's there.  Check out the formation on the first huge hit.   They can keep it as it and calll it a crown, or define it even more if they choose very easily.   

15 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

It's there.  Check out the formation on the first huge hit.   They can keep it as it and calll it a crown, or define it even more if they choose very easily.   

I bet they close with a crown again, somehow. It's a cool concept entirely unique to the activity.

• Like 1

Clearly people haven't seen many crowns! The NEW closing set is a take on the shape of a royal crown! For those boozers, it's the Crown Royal crown!

Edited by DcFr3aK
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

How did a Crown work last year? How did it work in Inferno? In OOTW? E = mc2? 

The crown doesn't work in really most of the shows that Crown does, but it's a highly anticipated and loved feature of their shows regardless 

Crown in 2015 certainly fit for the ending as they got out of the depths of hell. You got me on the other ones. Luckily the judges weren't asking those tough questions too!