"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

On the Fuse website there is a page about the background of each featured member, and it mentions the Academy.

Don't forget, the editing will leave 90%+ of the film "in the cutting room floor" as they piece together each episode.

Not really that related, but now that you mention it, I hope Fuse features a little bit of some other notable corps from this past season. It's pretty doubtful that it would actually happen, but it would give the average viewer some background as to what rivals the two featured corps are facing. Edited by Cadevilina Crown

There IS the possibility he DID mention Academy, but it was edited out...don't put it all on him.

I apologize, I didn't intend to "put it all on him." As a veteran TV program editor, I know only too well the dilemma of footage ending up on the cutting room floor.

i said a variation of this on the Facebook group but....people on here have been #####ing for years about tv exposure for DCI. Now we have it. It's not going to win an Emmy or Oscar, but it's better than I expected. Knowing people tied to both teams, it's accurate. And it's not aimed for us, the diehards,,,,,it's aimed for the potential diehards of the future.

and yet people #####.

i have never seen an activity that ##### on it's own like drum corps

• Like 5

Not really that related, but now that you mention it, I hope Fuse features a little bit of some other notable corps from this past season. It's pretty doubtful that it would actually happen, but it would give the average viewer some background as to what rivals the two featured corps are facing.

And it won't be such a surprise when the Finals results are announced -- "Bluecoats? Crown? Where the heck did they come from????"

I got the ratings for Live + 3 Days for the Fuse telecast*. The news is quite nice.

The show should finish as the #1 show on Fuse for the week for Adults 18-49, but not for Adults 18-34. This is my personal guess based on partial info, though. Live + 3 data is only available through Wednesday. The total viewership for Persons 2+ is 132,000. The 18-49 rating went from a 0.4 "same day" to a 0.5 for 3 days of viewing.

Demographically, it's breaking down like this:

• 6% People under 18
  • 24% A18-34
  • 26% A35-49
  • 37% A50-64
  • 8% A65+

So, people from the 70's-80's era of drum corps watched the most--at least on traditional TV. We know that 18-34's tend to be cord-cutters or cord-nevers. It was the 35-64 age group where the show did the best (.07 rating). The median age was 47, aka people who would have aged out in 1990.

* This only includes the original Fuse telecast, watched with the original compliment of national ads either live, on DVR, VOD, or other methods. Doesn't include anything with different ads or no ads(e.g. Hulu). Doesn't include Facebook preview.

• Like 2

I got the ratings for Live + 3 Days for the Fuse telecast*. The news is quite nice.

The show should finish as the #1 show on Fuse for the week for Adults 18-49, but not for Adults 18-34. This is my personal guess based on partial info, though. Live + 3 data is only available through Wednesday. The total viewership for Persons 2+ is 132,000. The 18-49 rating went from a 0.4 "same day" to a 0.5 for 3 days of viewing.

Demographically, it's breaking down like this:

• 6% People under 18
  • 24% A18-34
  • 26% A35-49
  • 37% A50-64
  • 8% A65+

So, people from the 70's-80's era of drum corps watched the most--at least on traditional TV. We know that 18-34's tend to be cord-cutters or cord-nevers. It was the 35-64 age group where the show did the best (.07 rating). The median age was 47, aka people who would have aged out in 1990.

* This only includes the original Fuse telecast, watched with the original compliment of national ads either live, on DVR, VOD, or other methods. Doesn't include anything with different ads or no ads(e.g. Hulu). Doesn't include Facebook preview.

You would not think a show catered to a younger audience got better viewing of an older audience...lol...guess us dino's (myself included at 46) are still relevant in drum corps...lol...

• Like 1

You would not think a show catered to a younger audience got better viewing of an older audience...lol...guess us dino's (myself included at 46) are still relevant in drum corps...lol...

I've always thought that because of the shrinkage of number of corps over the years, more people in the baby boomer age group EVER marched in a corps than people in Gen X or younger--despite the increase in size of each corps.

That being said, because of the cord-cutting phenomenon, 18-34's are very difficult to get good ratings for with regular TV these days.

I hope the show's ratings hold up. It may get a renewal if it stays near the top of the ranker.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1

i said a variation of this on the Facebook group but....people on here have been #####ing for years about tv exposure for DCI. Now we have it. It's not going to win an Emmy or Oscar, but it's better than I expected. Knowing people tied to both teams, it's accurate. And it's not aimed for us, the diehards,,,,,it's aimed for the potential diehards of the future.

and yet people #####.

i have never seen an activity that ##### on it's own like drum corps

Hang 'em with a new rope and they still complain...

Hang 'em with a new rope and they still complain...

but if the knot is not just right....lol