"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

You would not think a show catered to a younger audience got better viewing of an older audience...lol...guess us dino's (myself included at 46) are still relevant in drum corps...lol...

or we watch real tv and not online streaming

• Like 1

Are you wizards of broadcast-smart going to be able to get the TOTAL viewership including non-corded sources?

I'm in that 70's and 80's era demo and I was almost as excited to watch this as to watch the cinecast in the theater.

My motivation was pretty simply "Please, PLEASE let it be good and NOT another drumline. It's about TIME and I really want this to work."

Would love to find out that the viewership is growing week-by-week.

The non-corded sources tend not to report their numbers. If there is access to exactly how many people watched the preview on Facebook, bought it on iTunes, or watched on Hulu, I certainly don't have it.

Subscription streaming services are notorious for not releasing their viewing data. The reason we have data for Fuse is that advertisers buying spots on the network need a good estimate of what they are paying for. That estimate isn't supposed to include anything that doesn't have their ads in it.

Since the contract for the show is between Fuse and The Rock's company, those are the main numbers that matter to the show getting renewed.

(Edited to add: I just looked at Hulu's "most popular" rankings. I scrolled down pretty far and Clash doesn't show up. So, there weren't enough viewers on Hulu for it to rank as "most popular".)

Edited by barigirl78

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but now the cadets season makes a lot more sense. The examples of the BD kids describing their show vs. The Cadets trying to were two different worlds. Not to mention the BD kids seemed generally more "polished".

So I watched episode three...

They showed BD winning th Rose Bowl competition, and even showed where the other corps finished.

Was the Cadets show in this episode their last closed show with no scoring?

The Cadets performance was their preview show at the end of camp. Next week's episode shows them at the DCI Premier show at LOS...of course we will probably see very little of the performance.

Have to admit that I find it very disappointing to see a show about drum and bugle corps where you don't get to hear (or very seldom) a drum and bugle corps.

If there are 8 episodes then next week marks the half way point.

Edited by oldbandguy

So I watched episode three...

They showed BD winning th Rose Bowl competition, and even showed where the other corps finished.

Was the Cadets show in this episode their last closed show with no scoring?

From the preview for next week I get the impression they'll cover that right away next week.

i said a variation of this on the Facebook group but....people on here have been ######## for years about tv exposure for DCI. Now we have it. It's not going to win an Emmy or Oscar, but it's better than I expected. Knowing people tied to both teams, it's accurate. And it's not aimed for us, the diehards,,,,,it's aimed for the potential diehards of the future.

and yet people #####.

i have never seen an activity that ##### on it's own like drum corps

You must be reading a different thread than me. I haven't been watching the show, but my general sense from reading the posts here is that while it's flawed, overall it's a good thing for drum corps.

The Cadets performance was their preview show at the end of camp. Next week's episode shows them at the DCI Premier show at LOS...of course we will probably see very little of the performance.

Have to admit that I find it very disappointing to see a show about drum and bugle corps where you don't get to hear (or very seldom) a drum and bugle corps.

licensing licensing licensing

I think they are showing just the right amount of what goes on in the show. Any "behind the scenes" documentary would do this. If this was a behind the scenes of a Broadway show, they would show you the entire show. They'd show you just enough to get the gist of it. This is not a substitute for buying the DVD's.

Also, if there ever comes a point where they do show more of the shows, I would wasted precious airtime on an early-season performance, if I were the producer of this thing.

I enjoyed this episode. It was interesting to see the juxtaposition of the member's joy of the Cadets dress rehearsal juxtaposed with George's reaction.

I thought it was an odd creative choice to not have both corps' opening competitions in the same episode, but it will probably work given what I think will happen next week with the Cadets' shaky first competition contrasted with the Devils breezing through their first shows.

This episode also answered for me how they will deal with the other corps. All they did was mention the other corps' names and placement. No scores. No visuals of those corps. I gotta wonder if the Bluecoats will get the same treatment next week.