"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

It is going to be interesting to see how this show plays out. There's definitely a vibe of "this corps has their #### together" and "this one is a hot mess" right now. I know which corps I'd rather march if I was a newbie interested in the activity and knew nothing of BD or the Cadets outside of this TV show. I hope the producers go into more history for each corps, but not sure that would make for interesting television.

That said, it's great getting to see some of these kids in a more personal light, which is probably going to be the main reason I keep tuning in. We watch these corps from the stands as a 150 member unit doing their best to convey a particular theme or story line in 11 minutes... It's easy to lose sight of the fact that each one of these shows has 150 different stories within it - some inspiring, some heartbreaking.

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 2

It is going to be interesting to see how this show plays out. There's definitely a vibe of "this corps has their #### together" and "this one is a hot mess" right now. I know which corps I'd rather march if I was a newbie interested in the activity and knew nothing of BD or the Cadets outside of this TV show. I hope the producers go into more history for each corps, but not sure that would make for interesting television.

That said, it's great getting to see some of these kids in a more personal light, which is probably going to be the main reason I keep tuning in. We watch these corps from the stands as a 150 member unit doing their best to convey a particular theme or story line in 11 minutes... It's easy to lose sight of the fact that each one of these shows has 150 different stories within it - some inspiring, some heartbreaking.

No doubt they are going to keep focusing on the same kids later in the show, and we haven't even scratched the surface of the redesigns that Cadets went through. If anything we are really going to see what it was like this season.

• Like 1

Caddyt, You said that very well. Yes, the individual personalized stories give the show "heart". It's very well told, and deeply felt. my only disapointment....Brandon, the featured BD snare drummer, fails to acknowledge where he marched his first season in Corps. Wiith THE ACADEMY. at age 14. He is quite a quiet, shy and soft spoken gentle man..

Caddyt, You said that very well. Yes, the individual personalized stories give the show "heart". It's very well told, and deeply felt. my only disapointment....Brandon, the featured BD snare drummer, fails to acknowledge where he marched his first season in Corps. Wiith THE ACADEMY. at age 14. He is quite a quiet, shy and soft spoken gentle man..

There IS the possibility he DID mention Academy, but it was edited out...don't put it all on him.

• Like 1

On the Fuse website there is a page about the background of each featured member, and it mentions the Academy.

Don't forget, the editing will leave 90%+ of the film "in the cutting room floor" as they piece together each episode.

Hey, I said that! Pay attention! LOLOL :-D

my post was below yours when you said that so my ^ was referring to you until someone quoted me :(

and we haven't even scratched the surface of the redesigns that Cadets went through. If anything we are really going to see what it was like this season.

This might be a very interesting watch over the weeks ahead and how the staff scrambles to get the show to where they thought it was going to be this year.

Edited by Ghost