"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

I think they are showing just the right amount of what goes on in the show. Any "behind the scenes" documentary would do this. If this was a behind the scenes of a Broadway show, they wouldn't show you the entire show. They'd show you just enough to get the gist of it. This is not a substitute for buying the DVD's.

Also, if there ever comes a point where they do show more of the shows, I would wasted precious airtime on an early-season performance, if I were the producer of this thing.

I enjoyed this episode. It was interesting to see the juxtaposition of the member's joy of the Cadets dress rehearsal juxtaposed with George's reaction.

I thought it was an odd creative choice to not have both corps' opening competitions in the same episode, but it will probably work given what I think will happen next week with the Cadets' shaky first competition contrasted with the Devils breezing through their first shows.

This episode also answered for me how they will deal with the other corps. All they did was mention the other corps' names and placement. No scores. No visuals of those corps. I gotta wonder if the Bluecoats will get the same treatment next week.

Thanks for the rundown. If anyone could let me, who doesn't get Fuse on TV, know when the latest episode(s) come out on Fuse's website, that would be great. As of right now, they're not on the website.

I don't think anyone is going to stick with this but us. Just an honest evaluation.

I suspect the shows will get better every show, but the pilot wasn't exactly click bait.

• Like 1

I was glad they showed the other Corps' names that competed at the Rose Bowl (Go PC!). But, I'm wondering why they didn't post the scores, only the placements.

I was glad they showed the other Corps' names that competed at the Rose Bowl (Go PC!). But, I'm wondering why they didn't post the scores, only the placements.

Eh, it opens another aspect of DCI that most viewers just don't care about. I was just glad they mentioned them.

I had forgotten that scouts finished second in Pasadena. Wow, the season really went in the opposite direction for them.

• Like 1

Well, to be fair, my kid's actually IN the show, yet I still wouldn't let him stay up last night to watch it at 11:00pm, given that he can watch it on demand at a better hour. (Note, I still watched it myself, but he has to wake up at 5:30 am)

yeah the 11 PM time has to drive down live viewership

Noting available for download on iTunes yet. Episodes 1 and 2 were ready right away last week.

I don't think anyone is going to stick with this but us. Just an honest evaluation.

I missed episode 3 because it was not on the internet or hop's site etc...I'll wait til the end of the show and maybe rent hulu for a week and watch them all at the same time...I like to binge watch online with other shows anyway...lol

• Like 1

It's probably because the average non-drum corps fan wouldn't be able to discern huge differences in scores...so makes it seem the competition is closer among everyone than it actually is with scores...just my speculation of course...