2017 Uniform Thread

9 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I was out of the country last season, so the first time I saw Troopers '16 uniforms was one minute ago. O lawd!

yeah it was bad. 

• Like 2

I feel like uniforms add a ton of "oomph" to a show. They're like the icing on the cake to me. Maybe I'm weird for thinking that. I just enjoy what's on the field 

• Like 1

The Cavaliers will reveal their uniforms tomorrow at 5pm CT.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I don't think you understand my point. I'm not opposed to changes in uniform. And I know changes in uniform have been a thing for a while. While I don't enjoy the aesthetics of Crossmen's uniform, I'm still okay with them because they still look like the Crossmen. Whether it be the colors they use or certain characteristics (the Aussie for the crossmen), there's still traces of what corps you're looking at. 

I thought BD's 2016 uniforms were great. They had, like you mentioned, the Shakespearean elements but they still looked like the Blue Devils. There was no confusion there.

Boston's uniforms, for me atleast, are not very palatable because they pretty much throw away every trace of what corps I'm looking at.

I totally understand your point.  However, what they are looking to achieve is a TOTAL program package unifying the entire corps visual with the music, body movement.  Did Bluecoats last year look anything like previous Bluecoats?  Their costumes were quite a departure complete with omitting headgear.  But it worked and opened the door wider for what we will surely seeing more of.  Boston is taking a huge leap with the amount of change in this years program;  organizationally down to the program.  Top to bottom.  I am sure it will all work together, cohesively.  As much as I love the previous Boston uniform, this approach will work better for what they are driving towards in the future.  It is not about this year alone.   And musically they are astounding.  This is the best I have ever seen/heard them musically.  That is getting lost in the costume whirlwind.  when you hear them, the costumes will just become part of the whole albeit an integral part. 

8 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I totally understand your point.  However, what they are looking to achieve is a TOTAL program package unifying the entire corps visual with the music, body movement.  Did Bluecoats last year look anything like previous Bluecoats?  Their costumes were quite a departure complete with omitting headgear.  But it worked and opened the door wider for what we will surely seeing more of.  Boston is taking a huge leap with the amount of change in this years program;  organizationally down to the program.  Top to bottom.  I am sure it will all work together, cohesively.  As much as I love the previous Boston uniform, this approach will work better for what they are driving towards in the future.  It is not about this year alone.   And musically they are astounding.  This is the best I have ever seen/heard them musically.  That is getting lost in the costume whirlwind.  when you hear them, the costumes will just become part of the whole albeit an integral part. 

Is everyone purposely not reading my posts lol? This is becoming an exercise of futility.

I've made it very, very clear that 

1. I don't care if corps have done before what Boston is doing now. It doesn't change my opinion and feelings on the subject. I am not arguing for the competitive advantages or disadvantages of the uniform. Just my personal taste

2. I hated Bluecoats' uniform last year 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Is everyone purposely not reading my posts lol? This is becoming an exercise of futility.

I've made it very, very clear that 

1. I don't care if corps have done before what Boston is doing now. It doesn't change my opinion and feelings on the subject. I am not arguing for the competitive advantages or disadvantages of the uniform. Just my personal taste

2. I hated Bluecoats' uniform last year 

And I know you are on the record for really liking BAC's uniform in the past...LONG before this uniform reveal...so in my mind these apologists really need to just keep quiet...and let you have your opinion :smile:

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1