2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:
  1. Where are you going to see it? 
  2. Which corps intrigues you the most?
  3. Are you going with a group? 
  1. Regal Cinemas Commerce Center 18, Route 1, North Brunswick, New Jersey
  2. Cadets
  3. w/ wife and two daughters 
  • Like 2

I will be at the Oil Can, section 140, top row. I am looking forward to all the corps honestly. But I want to see how Carolina Crown fares with its new visual team, likewise what Cadets are doing visually and how their new brass team impacts the corps. I want to see how Cavies build upon last year's success, and what Blue Stars and Crossmen are doing to try and move up the placements chain. I would say Bluecoats, but I have a pretty good idea of what they are up to.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

driving 2 hours so that i can sit in a nicer theater than the local one.

every corps is intriguing. 

...but i'm most intrigued by what BD and the Cadets are coming out with, so it's a little disappointing only 1 will be there.

can't wait to hear what crown and bloo come out with musically.

cavies had what felt like a WGI winds show last year, and i'm betting they really wanted to go full bloo with unis last year, but didn't quite make the move. i'm assuming they'll go there this year. 

as always, looking forward to blue stars' guard and that nice brass sound they've developed over the past few years. 

hearing really good things about what bones is doing. sounds like they have the total package this year.

can't wait!

Probably go by myself to a theater in fairfax, VA.

my friends aren't drum corps nerds like me 

very much looking forward to Cavies 

• Like 1

I will be watching it at Rave 53 Cinemas in Davenport, Iowa! I am most intrigued by Phantom (who won't be in the premier) and Bluecoats! Can't wait to see how Bloo responds from their Championship season! 

Lucas Oil. Taking my 82-year old parents to see their first drum corps show. Do you think it will matter at all to newbies to let them know these are shows at the beginning of the season and not as perfected as they will be in August?

Looking forward to all of them, but especially Cavies and Crown. Have never been as enamored of the Cadets as so many others. But I'm also hoping they have something better than statues and wedding cakes.

5 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Lucas Oil. Taking my 82-year old parents to see their first drum corps show. Do you think it will matter at all to newbies to let them know these are shows at the beginning of the season and not as perfected as they will be in August?

Looking forward to all of them, but especially Cavies and Crown. Have never been as enamored of the Cadets as so many others. But I'm also hoping they have something better than statues and wedding cakes.

Congratulations on convincing your parents to attend a show.  You are proving that it never too late to start a new enthusiasm. 

As for early shows, I am sure that they are experienced enough in life to appreciate the effort by the performers no matter where they are in the season.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

No one else started one......

We are just a little over a week away from opening night.  This is the first time that I won't make it to the theater since I have to play my own gig that night.

It is also unfortunate that we won't be able to see it any other time than "live" in the theaters.:grrr:

I will have to live vicariously through all of you. So, I will be tracking the comments here on DCP between sets at my gig.  A few questions to start the conversation........

Where are you going to see it?  :peek:

Which corps intrigues you the most?:babies:

Are you going with a group?       :grouphug:

Teachers, are you getting your band students together to see this in the theater?  :grouphug:

Here's to a wonderful kick-off and an amazing season.:guinesssmilie:

I believe that the opera broadcasts from the Metropolitan Opera (Met Live in HD) were just broadcast on Saturday afternoons for a while. I remember about a year or so after the broadcasts began signing a petition saying I would prefer to attend on another night and completed an electronic survey. It was put out by the Met. So my guess is that if DCI did something similar and found an audience, shows could be broadcast with an encore on another night.

• They're not showing it in Amarillo this year so I'm gonna have to drive down to Lubbock.  
  • All of them?  
    • Bluecoats are coming off of their first championship.  How will they handle it?  Will their show be in the same vein as the last few or will it be different?  What will the uniforms look like?  WHAT IS THIS BALLAD EVERYONE AROUND THEM HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT LIKE???  Will their coats be bloo?
    • Carolina Crown will look completely different.  How will they handle the staff changes?  Will Sacktigs drill be awesome or AWESOME?  How awesome will the brass be?  What is this singer discussion all about?  What IS............IT?
    • The Cavaliers had their best season in five years last year.  How will they come off of that?  Their set of source music is some of my favorite stuff this year being played.  What are those domes?  Will they live up to my hype?  They're going quite ape #### in some of those preview videos they're releasing, will they make me go bananas too?  
    • The Cadets are gonna look and sound different this year, what will they be like with a complete design team overhaul?  Will this show be more of a throwback or will it be a fresh take on some familiar music?  What are those skirts?  How will the choir be integrated?  Will I feel blessed?  
    • Blue Stars.......I saw that video that floated around.  And it excited me greatly.  How will they elevate this past the cliche Romeo and Juliet show everyone seems to think it will be?  The old gang that gave me one of my all time favorites  in 2010 is back together, will they have that kind of chemistry again?  Are diamonds REALLY a girls best friend???
    • Crossmen had their best season in over a decade last year.  They're bursting with member talent.  Will their show push them to their full potential this year?  Will Markworth strike magic again with his original stuff?  How will their visual changes pan out?  Will this ballad make me transcend existence itself again like last years on first viewing? 
  • I am going by myself but meeting some people there.  
  • I actually just got certified as a teacher today.......so not yet.  :)
  • Like 7