The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

.  Glad you want all the way back 5 hours to quote me. 

You're welcome. People have gone back months with posters, so don't feel slighted on a few " hours ".... lol!

• Like 1

Just now, pudding said:

On a very basic, watered-down level, GE1 is the general effect of the show from a primarily musical perspective, while GE2 is the general effect of the show from a primarily visual perspective. That is, both caption evaluate based on the overall cohesiveness of show design, but GE1 looks more into how the music works together to create an effect, while GE2 focuses more on how the visual elements work together to create an effect. Both captions have an element of cross-caption evaluation in terms of how the visual serves the music, and vice-versa.

I think it's the other way around: GE1 = vis perspective, GE2 = musical perspective. Ken Turner and Allen Kristensen are music judges.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Isn't a fan favorite show that broke new ground deserving of a win, especially when the difference in performance is a matter of degrees?

A show that is superior according to the sheets deserves to win. I'm not sure the words "new" or "groundbreaking" appear anywhere on the sheets. 

• Like 3

Just now, brassboy said:

I think it's the other way around: GE1 = vis perspective, GE2 = musical perspective. Ken Turner and Allen Kristensen are music judges.

Yeah I got it backward. I fixed it in the OP.

• Like 1

It's actually somewhat comforting to me that two judges put Blue Devils third in G.E., because that seems like the right placement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

A show that is superior according to the sheets deserves to win. I'm not sure the words "new" or "groundbreaking" appear anywhere on the sheets. 

In fact, new and groundbreaking may be detrimental, as judges don't know how (or refuse) to adapt what is on the field to the sheets (cough 2015 Bluecoats).