The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

16 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

Keeping them from a chance of gold bad. Reminds me of 2013 Crown Percussion but this is far worse...

Guard scores overall seemed a little wonky to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

But the #1 frustration with BD is that they design to the sheets. There has been very little innovation, or even deviation from their stock design aesthetic in a decade. The reason why Bluecoats won last year is not because they had the best performance, they did something that nobody else has ever seen at a very high level. Why else is GE such a high % of the score?

Also because everyone else last year had show that were not particularly special (come at me). Frankly I think that both 2014 and 2015 Bluecoats were superior to 2016 Bluecoats in terms of design, and 2015 was superior to 2016 in terms of execution.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Is it fair that Michael Lentz was judging tonight? I know it is a tight knit activity, but it seems everyone on the planet knew he was going to diss Boston guard...and he did.

It was predictable too. But Boston went head on with it, and came out ok. There is no way in the world that Boston's Guard is not Top 6 in DCI this season. Other Guard judges agree too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Is it fair that Michael Lentz was judging tonight? I know it is a tight knit activity, but it seems everyone on the planet knew he was going to diss Boston guard...and he did.

They placed 8th in guard and 6th overall. That's not exactly a diss. If they were, like, 11th--THAT would be a diss.

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 1

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

As he said, if "innovation" isn't on the sheets, then don't complain when it's not rewarded.

But it WAS rewarded last year. 

Champions should be leaders.

11 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

For the uneducated, like myself, (in easy to understand terms) what is the difference between GE1 & GE2? please and thank you!!

GE1 is visual, GE 2 is 50% Music and 50% guard (IMO)

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

But the #1 frustration with BD is that they design to the sheets. There has been very little innovation, or even deviation from their stock design aesthetic in a decade. The reason why Bluecoats won last year is not because they had the best performance, they did something that nobody else has ever seen at a very high level. Why else is GE such a high % of the score?

This conversation has been had SO many times over and over again. Please look a topic up on DCP forums, as I'm not interested in having it again. 

All I'm going to say is please don't diss the hard work of the members at the Blue Devils just because you don't approve of the way the judging system works. The corps does nothing wrong, they are simply abiding by the rule book and guidelines given to them and do it better than anyone else. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pudding said:

No way, Inferno was way too dirty on Finals night. Frankly, I think 2015 should have been Bluecoats, BD, Crown, with Crown ahead of BD if they hadn't had a dirty Finals run. 

It wasn't as tight as on Friday, no, but that was a performance for the ages.

Still, it was close enough that I think we can just call it a difference of tastes.

I think complaining about individual judges' scores is a bit ridiculous. The reality is that all the corps have some serious work to do, so the time of moaning and whining has to end. If your corps wants to move up, then do the work, whether that means change the show where it is weak or commit and clean the snot out of it. I think the overall placements tonight are a pretty good snapshot of how things stand. Time to get to work! 

• Like 2