The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

21 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Guard scores are all over the map. Cavaliers first, PR fourth. Boston seventh. 

Cavaliers first in a caption at a regional!!!!!! So happy to see that again.

• Like 3

Just now, Cappybara said:

This conversation has been had SO many times over and over again. Please look a topic up on DCP forums, as I'm not interested in having it again. 

All I'm going to say is please don't diss the hard work of the members at the Blue Devils just because you don't approve of the way the judging system works. The corps does nothing wrong, they are simply abiding by the rule book and guidelines given to them and do it better than anyone else. 

As shown by two judges putting them third in G.E. Totally the correct thing to do as per the sheets.

• Like 2

Just now, brassboy said:

They placed 8th in guard and 6th overall. That's not exactly a diss. If they were, like, 11th--THAT would be a diss.

I'm sorry but there is no way Bostons guard is 8th. That's just crazy ### stupid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

But it WAS rewarded last year. 

Champions should be leaders.

Was it? I haven't heard the judges' tapes. Have you?

2015 Devils was amazing and magical.  I loved that show.  Children Will Listen was beautiful.  Their show was so well put together and cohesive.  Crown did not have a great run Finals night.  BD deserved that title and they will deserve this years title once they win it!

Edited by jmc5682
  • Like 3

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

I bet there are plenty of judges with connections to staffs and corps that judge. 

Sure, but how many got replaced six months ago and then judged the corps they were fired from? I don't know Michael, I am sure he is a capable judge, but I hope dci doesn't put him on finals night. Too much at stake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Or maybe he has an axe to grind? Just saying. It seems reasonable to at least consider this.

Just because the president interviewed him for a job and then hired someone else doesn't mean his investigation is tainted--

oh, wait, that's a different subject.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This conversation has been had SO many times over and over again. Please look a topic up on DCP forums, as I'm not interested in having it again. 

All I'm going to say is please don't diss the hard work of the members at the Blue Devils just because you don't approve of the way the judging system works. The corps does nothing wrong, they are simply abiding by the rule book and guidelines given to them and do it better than anyone else. 

There's certainly a lot of blind BD hate out there, but a lot of people (myself included) are justifiably criticizing their design team for designing to the sheets to chase rings instead of designing shows that are both scorable and accessible. I have nothing but the highest respect for the Blue Devils performers, they always excel at the highest level.

• Like 1