The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

5 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

But it WAS rewarded last year. 

Champions should be leaders.

I'm giving you the facts and you're giving me emotional mumbo jumbo

With all due respect, im done talking about this in this show thread

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This conversation has been had SO many times over and over again. Please look a topic up on DCP forums, as I'm not interested in having it again. 

All I'm going to say is please don't diss the hard work of the members at the Blue Devils just because you don't approve of the way the judging system works. The corps does nothing wrong, they are simply abiding by the rule book and guidelines given to them and do it better than anyone else. 

But my original statement is why there is so much BD "hate" fans do not want the same ol' same ol' to win every year. Champions should be leaders that push the activity forward.

And don't come at me with that don't blame the MM crap. I never say a single negative word against the performers and to insinuate that my issues have anything to do with anything other than the judging system is insulting.

Just now, ContraFart said:

But my original statement is why there is so much BD "hate" fans do not want the same ol' same ol' to win every year. Champions should be leaders that push the activity forward.

And don't come at me with that don't blame the MM crap. I never say a single negative word against the performers and to insinuate that my issues have anything to do with anything other than the judging system is insulting.

To insinuate that they don't deserve their championships is an insult to the members. Period.

• Like 8

Just now, jeffmolnar said:

I feel like everyone is doing that now though. SCV, Bluecoats, and especially Crown and Cavaliers.

If everyone's designing to the sheets then I have no choice but to root for the team that's doing it the best. That's BD.

I disagree with Bluecoats designing to the sheets, I think that they're designing for maximum entertainment and hype first, and then sheets second. I'll also disagree a bit with the Cavaliers, I think that they're trying to re-assert their identity first and foremost, and come what may with the sheets. SCV and Crown I think are DEFINITELY following in BD's footsteps.

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

I think this BD show is more accessible than 2010, 2012, and 2013.

Agreed, although it's still far less accessible than 2014 and 2015, which I think were both masterpieces.

• Like 2

Bloo's GE score has fizzled big time.  Quit hollerin "six words" and get to work on that GE score. 

• Like 5

Just now, ContraFart said:

BD's is not my favorite show this year. Still, I have to ask: do you see that your second sentence does not necessarily follow from your first sentence?

Yes, some dislike of BD comes from fans who find them repetitive. (Although when was the last time they performed anything like this year's opener?) But if that quality isn't on the sheets, then your argument is with the sheets, not with BD, about what "champions should be".

• Like 2

Yawn.

Hey, Cavies won guard!

• Like 6

So I read the competition score and there is only a fraction that separates the top 3. It is less than a point and a point here or there can make or break a season. So hold on to your programs and settle in because this thing is far from over. Cavaliers in 5th place took a caption. It is all over the map and it's anyone at this point. Southeast will also be a telltale sign of what we could witness in Indianapolis. 

Crown's guard may not be quite as good as last year, but there is no way this was an 8th place performance.

• Like 2