Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

19 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I do not make this stuff up. Had it happen to me going into city hall Boston. However, there is communication about this happening elsewhere at Yale for instance.

Class of ’02, and paused to let her pass through the doorway they were both headed for, gesturing politely, “After you.” Her response was to spit out one word, with anger: “Patriarchy!”

I'm not gonna be afraid to display common courtesy just because someone might somehow mistake it for an insult.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Does it come close to meeting the concerns about the A Corps. I am confused about hearing the Military OKed women in combat. Everything has a time & place I guess. Back in the seventies when women were placed on a pedestal and were protected from such violence men would have risked their own lives and others. The focus of conflict would have been on them being safe. What changed? Had the attitude changed today to the survival of the genderless in the name of social justice? Being polite and opening a simple door is now evil  

I don't know that the "concerns about the A Corps" are, so I can't even begin to speculate. As to the rest, I am having a tough time getting a grasp of your point.

11 minutes ago, quijeros said:

I'm not gonna be afraid to display common courtesy just because someone might somehow mistake it for an insult.

Guess I should yell ageism next time I'm called sir or ask if i want or get the senior citizen discount at Dunkin Donuts. I'm eligible but guess I should raise a ruckus. Yeah some people just looking for an excuse to take it out on someone..... I usually just laugh

37 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

You “have a target in your back” because you make the same tired arguements we’ve seen from your generation for years now.

What changed? We stared actually treating women as equals, rather than just saying we did. You should start.

I have had a target on my back my whole career the more successful you are the bigger the target. Here you're just armed with pea-shooters and spitballs go for it, three strikes and I'm out, horrifying. I plan on hitting a lot more foul balls that some may not like before I strikeout.

Sorry but I will never conform will always place my wife and all women on a pedestal that's the way I was raised anything less than that I would be disrespecting my own mother.

The different generations do have a different view of things doesn't make one right or wrong you need to live in your own skin. You want to make things equal let me know when you're generation is ready to block employees of credit bureaus from slicing and dicing the youth to death just trying to get by. I will be right there next to you. Other than that folks are just being played by all this feel-good stuff. People feel good when they can take care of their families in a fair money changing system..

Edited by Bluzes
  • Like 1

Question on the letter George posted. Has Mr Hunt taught coed corps? Just wondering where he got the you can push all male corps harder idea. And if he has might not the difference be corps mentality rather than gender?

25 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Question on the letter George posted. Has Mr Hunt taught coed corps? Just wondering where he got the you can push all male corps harder idea. And if he has might not the difference be corps mentality rather than gender?

Yes. He has taught coed as well.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

The FLO issue speaks to a larger issue for me. FLO did the right thing. Others on here have related this the Cavie issue, not me. But I have a target on my back so go for it blame me, I am a big boy.  

Right. This was that individual and a cringeworthy misspeak.  Not the fault of the Cavaliers

Edited by ThePlanets

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

He didn’t catch the autocorrect in his apology. ‘Definitely’ came out as ‘defiantly’ twice. 

Lol missed that. I was looking for something that said HOW it is different. Broadcast apparently said (off the top of his head) being all male is the difference. Was hoping for more detail now that he had time to think about it. Instead we have "talked to others and they say it's different too" without explanation. At least he apologized 

Edited by JimF-LowBari