Broke-down buses, Ibuprofen and a sex offender: on the road with Pioneer

6 hours ago, Ediker said:

Tricia L. Nadolny is going to dine out on this activity for years

Good. Get rid of em all, they have no place in a youth activity. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Perhaps DCI and Pioneer need to go talk to The Cadets (since they got their <bleep> together) for advice on how to "do it the right way"...

This has been suggested and the suggestion has been ignored. In situations like this... being our own PR team is like facing a lawsuit and acting as your own attorney. These kinds of situations are best handled by professionals. And it does not need to be a big time expensive firm. Find someone who does crisis communications, has a little knowledge of music education and LET THEM DO THIER JOB. But no... let's have the internal team do it. Look at how well they have handled the first three stories... SMH.

4 hours ago, karuna said:

This media scandal has already hurt housing availability.  Housing is the soft underbelly of DCI.  School boards will see this scandal growing and say “No thanks” and just like that the tour model collapses.  

Housing unavailability → Certain DEATH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Has to be the Jets if its the 50 yard line. The end zone is unfamiliar terrain for them.:spitting:

I'm sorry, Brasso.  Not up to the laughter and simplistic conviviality (on MY part) that has been of the "usual" for the previously-known HornTeacher.  I am now of the pessimistic and cynical portion of society.  I guess I'm just not up to it anymore.  And 'tis such a pity.  But all that in mind...

Your comment did make me laugh.  I sincerely thank you for that.  Cheers, Good Sir.  To quote Professor Morrie Schwartz..."You're one of the good ones." :guinesssmilie:

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That or another Scorsese.

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Pioneer. To me, being a Pioneer was better than being President of the United States. Even before I first wandered into the rehearsal room for an after-school job, I knew I wanted to be a part of them. It was there that I knew that I belonged. To me, it meant being somebody in a neighborhood that was full of nobodies. They weren't like anybody else. I mean, they did whatever they wanted. They double-parked their buses in front of a hydrant and nobody ever gave them a ticket. In the summer when they played on the field all night, nobody ever called the cops."

I note the quote. But in Ireland, a Pioneer is a tee-totaler, one who abstains from all alcohol, one who spends the money instead on charity and the time in reparatative prayer. Ironic?

35 minutes ago, Lance said:

Police records, however, show Melcher was arrested for secretly filming an adult relative while she was naked.

"To this day, I stand behind him as a class guy, good teacher, quality member," Blenski said.

He never came back from Mars. Some folks marry the worst criminals. Sounds like a clip from Crime Watch Daily. What site is this?

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I note the quote. But in Ireland, a Pioneer is a tee-totaler, one who abstains from all alcohol, one who spends the money instead on charity and the time in reparatative prayer. Ironic?

Didn't know that. Thanks for that information. I'd have to say yes: ironic!

If some of the public comments made by Blenski re. former staffers with checkered pasts re. sexual deviancy are accurate, then his myopic and astoundingly tone deaf attitude is one of the reasons His and/ or his Family's Drum Corps may be about to go down in flames.

Sometimes, bad things just need to die for the greater good. I was somewhat sympathetic to seeing Pioneer survive this. I do not like to see Corps fold. We've lost too many as it is. But after reading Roman Blenski's comments today... DCI needs to tell Blenski... at 77 years old... he needs to take up golf or something, and just quietly resign and move on beyond any further association with anything further to do with DCI Drum Corps, imo.  Maybe DCI HQ. can help him come to that decision... and quickly... perhaps all my himself. And if he doesn't, then DCI HQ should tell Blenski and his Family picked BOD that in 2019 Pioneer will be disallowed from participating in any further DCI sanctioned activities,  DCI HQ has to decide, do they, or do they not, want to be associated any longer with people that as parents we would never even hire as our regular babysitter for our young kids or young teenagers in our home, while we went out to the movies or restaurants each week. If we would not take that chance with our own kids wuth these creeps ( that Blenski only let go under pressure ), then neither should other parents be put in the position to unknowingly have their children  on 9 week overnight summer tours with such known creepers either, imo. DCI HQ is at a crossroads here. They get to choose what they are to become. ..and the clock is ticking.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Roman Blenski II

Sue Blenski (Roman's wife)

Sandra Fugh (maiden name Sandra Blenski, Roman's daughter)

Murray Davis (music director at the church the Blenskis attend, friend of the family for decades I believe)

Roman Blenski III (Roman's son)

Marci Perkins (Roman III's wife, I believe? Roman's daughter in law)

Roman Blenski and his merry band of misfits!

The-buck-stops-here.jpg?w=809

What the BOARD should actually DO but seems to be hugely lacking in this department...set strategies, set policies, and have OVERSIGHT!!!!

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2